New 2015 WRX

This is a discussion on New 2015 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently purchased a 2015 WRX. I waited for a year for the new model, but have been a WRX ...

New 2015 WRX

I recently purchased a 2015 WRX. I waited for a year for the new model, but have been a WRX admirer for many years. I will ultimately place this information in the technical section, however the site wanted me to go here first. The thing that I wanted to share with everyone is what is happening to the dashboard of my brand new car. Apparently, the design of the new dashboard includes an "airbag" located directly under the passenger side dashboard. Well, as per the design, the dashboard is not reinforced in this area allowing the air bag to deploy as designed. The problem is that the dashboard is literally sinking where the airbag is located. I've owned the car for approximately 6 weeks and I already have a hole in my dashboard. I visited the dealership yesterday and there was a STI also there for the same reason and his was twice as bad as mine. I get sick to my stomach every time I look to the right at this defect, I hope that Subaru will stand behind their product and fix this issue. However, if they continue selling this car to buyers knowing that this design flaw exists, than I don't know what to say. I know that others are having the same issue, because I just saw the proof yesterday. Please let me know what you are doing about this problem. I have an appointment with the factory representative at the end of the month, but this doesn't seem like a problem that can be easily fixed. If they replace the dashboard, the same exact thing will happen again. I have notified US Subaru corporation, but don't know how to proceed next...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

pics?