Wifi OBD 2 for smartphones??

This is a discussion on Wifi OBD 2 for smartphones?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone use this in their cars?? I am a big fan of using my phone/tablet to monitor just about my ...

Wifi OBD 2 for smartphones??

Anyone use this in their cars?? I am a big fan of using my phone/tablet to monitor just about my life.. So why not my car? Anyone try this?? Thinking about using the Boost and such as well by using an app like torque pro or something.. Thoughts????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Used one in my Audi worked great BC I had lights all the time. Pretty in depth info and definetly worth the 25 bucks for the odb II wireless reciever. Got mine off amazon its the one specific for the torque program. It was nice being able to clear codes I knew were irrelevant . I left the port in my Audi but I'll end up getting a new one for my wrx I'm sure it was nice to know real time info like that. For the money its worth it

I've been using torque pro with a elm32 Bluetooth transmitter for almost six months now. I guess from the reviews I got a decent(read...working) transmitter from Amazon for 32 bucks. RTA gauges are cool, bit they respond a bit slow when driving gets a bit fast. That said....the combo of my RAZR HD and torque pro/obd transmitter have paid themselves off more than a few times with the code puller/web look up and code clear when I had bad runability issues, later found to be bad fuel. I am actually looking into a small tablet to run the app with( I have no idea where I'd mount a huge iPod in a 02!) Just for the heck of it.

But for real gauging...I'll stick with my autometer manual drive gauges.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    I've been using torque pro with a elm32 Bluetooth transmitter for almost six months now. I guess from the reviews I got a decent(read...working) transmitter from Amazon for 32 bucks. RTA gauges are cool, bit they respond a bit slow when driving gets a bit fast. That said....the combo of my RAZR HD and torque pro/obd transmitter have paid themselves off more than a few times with the code puller/web look up and code clear when I had bad runability issues, later found to be bad fuel. I am actually looking into a small tablet to run the app with( I have no idea where I'd mount a huge iPod in a 02!) Just for the heck of it.

But for real gauging...I'll stick with my autometer manual drive gauges.
    That's what I was worried about with the real time.. Being a bit laggy, which well is expected.. Is it that bad?? I'm just trying to get a no for how my car handles before I spend the $$$$ on some gauges and places to mount them correctly. I do like the fact of the codes and such, for about 30 bucks, idk if I could go wrong by getting it.. And I'll be using an iPad Mini to control the car..

Sent from my iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by fireguy220 View Post
    Used one in my Audi worked great BC I had lights all the time. Pretty in depth info and definetly worth the 25 bucks for the odb II wireless reciever. Got mine off amazon its the one specific for the torque program. It was nice being able to clear codes I knew were irrelevant . I left the port in my Audi but I'll end up getting a new one for my wrx I'm sure it was nice to know real time info like that. For the money its worth it
    Yeah, I might just go with it and say to hell with it.. For only that, I can get away pretty good..

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed. Even if the gauges arnt super fast( they arnt lol) they arnt Bad and the added perks like the add on knock sensor app and RTA gauge info of stuff you just can't add on the piller and clock pod are cool. Then add the obd2 code checking. One check engine light and its paid for itself. Worth every penny. But yeah get the transmitter that is made for the torque program and buy pro. I just found out it will transfer phones/ devices if you @$#&@#-$ drop your phone and shatter the screen..needing replacement. When I logged back in I just re downloaded torque pro. Sweet!
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Do you use the android or iOS?? I'm using iphone so it's only the pro version.. But I don't mind paying for it lol what one did you get??

Sent from my iPhone

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob
    Then add the obd2 code checking. One check engine light and its paid for itself.
    Except checking a code shouldn't cost you anything...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Except checking a code shouldn't cost you anything...
    man dont i whish i had a advance auto or orilies or something around here that offered that service. just domestic dealers, and they will charge you a hour just to recommend a four hour trip on a flatbed to the nearest subie dealer. booooo
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MarkkInNj View Post
    Do you use the android or iOS?? I'm using iphone so it's only the pro version.. But I don't mind paying for it lol what one did you get??

Sent from my iPhone
    droid razr hd maxx. torque lite until i got pro like two days later. woo!
    Rob

I use the Galaxy s3 and my app radio with the apliberator app to display the phone screen on my dash. then I just open the torque pro app, connect the elm adapter and boom digital gauges in my dash!! response is a little slow and the boost gauge doesn't work right. Completely worth the money for the code reader and dlc lookup. I have used it several times on customer cars at my work ( service advisor ) and it works great!