15 WRX armrest help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 15 WRX armrest help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought the arm rest extension, but can't figure out how to remove the original. I have read the instructions ...

15 WRX armrest help

I bought the arm rest extension, but can't figure out how to remove the original. I have read the instructions multiple times, but have found them hard to read. I've done searches here, various sites, and YouTube, but come away with nothing other than people saying it's super easy on the older models.

Here's my problem, I am stuck on the part where the directions say to remove a single screw, and remove an interior piece after doing so. Which piece do they mean? Do they mean the metallic rectangular cup that the screw was into, or something else? If so, I pulled really hard on that metal cup, to the point of the whole console is moving, and it wouldn't come out. How do I get it out, or what part are they referring to? Hopefully someone here has done this on a 15 or newer Impreza to help me out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got it figured out. The dealership offered to help, but it took the third technician to figure out what to do. It isn't the metal cup that comes out, it's the whole back panel the metal cup is attached to. In order to remove that panel, one must push down at the same time as pulling out. After that, it's easy.

pictures of the extended armrest. I haven't seen it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

It isn't much and I'm not sure I'll keep it. If I do, I'll have to have leather put on the pad for the arm rest to match my interior.

Subaru WRX / STI Center Armrest Extension - Off Black (Part No: J2010AG000JD)

Way better instructions on how to remove the arm rest compared to what comes in the box:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/3164175-post123.html

I may actually buy that same exact arm rest listed on the second link but I'm not sure since I didn't like it in my 07. I didn't like it because my elbow kept hitting it. So the extending one I thought was nice so I could push it away when I wasn't on an extended drive.
    Last edited by Twisted; 05-15-2014 at 11:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.