Subaru WRX Forum banner

steering wheel emblem

8K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  DonavanS 
#1 ·
has anyone removed or swapped out the emblem on their steering wheel for a 13 wrx? i'm trying to figure out if it's just adhesive or if there is something mechanical holding it on there. Thanks.

#2 ·
What exactly do you want to swap it out for? I highly doubt mechanical since you dont want that accidentally hitting you if the airbag goes off.

#4 ·
#5 ·
holy crap. so it's not just adhesive. i'm just going to get an overlay then for the stock emblem. i'm not sure there is an aftermarket version of that with those clamps out there, and i don't think anything is going to stick to what's under there. Thanks man.

#6 ·
Take a screw driver with some tap on the end (not to scratch anything) and pull that bitch out. If u want to put something different on u can sand back the plastic piece (disengage the horn or pull battery out). Sand it to a smooth finish and u can put any custom piece/ sticker u want in there. If u have any questions feel free to ask!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.