Anyone have aftermarket seat covers?

This is a discussion on Anyone have aftermarket seat covers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I'm a proud new owner of a 2014 WRX hatch. I had a Jeep 2dr Wrangler before and ...

Anyone have aftermarket seat covers?

Hey all,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2014 WRX hatch. I had a Jeep 2dr Wrangler before and since the Mrs. is pregnant, we had to get a four door car. We have both been wanting a WRX for a while so this was an opportunity to pull the trigger. Anyways, I'm a mechanic by trade for heavy duty equipment at the airport. I get pretty dirty at work and constantly worry about the interior getting messed up due to the grit and grime of my occupation. I was curious if any of you have any seat covers that, preferably, are easy to take off and put back on. I've searched through, but there's not much info on this. If you can, please help me out. Not looking for anything fancy, just something that looks decent with easy on and off. Thanks in advance. Great site BTW. Learning so much from here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not many people use seat covers. The front seats have airbags built into the side bolsters, and since most seat covers encase the whole seat, you have a serious safety hazard right there.

I'd try to find a type like this (hopefully less hideous), which doesn't cover the side bolsters:

Also, you drive a Subaru. It's meant to be filthy.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

A cheap alternative can be garbage bags. Just put garbage bags over your driver/passenger seat when you go to work. I did a 5K run where color was thrown at us and the garbage bags worked perfectly.

When I bought seat covers for my RSX, they had little flaps in the sides with Velcro for the airbags. I assume any quality aftermarket covers would have the same thing for the WRX.

Not to sound mean, but there are a TON of options out there for seat covers. You said you did a search but couldn't find any info. Makes no sense. In 5 seconds, I found a dozen options. Amazon sells CoverKing covers which are good and they clearly show the airbag flaps on the sides.

Amazon.com: Coverking Custom Fit Seat Cover for Subaru Impreza/Outbacksport/WRX Hatchback - (Cordura/Ballistic, Black): Automotive

And here's a bunch more:

2013 Subaru Impreza/OutbackSPORT/WRX Hatch Seat Covers | CarCoverPlanet.com

No worries. I didnt take it as you being mean. Just wanted to see what people had to say about seat covers here on ClubWRX specifically. Nothing like some first hand experience from here to help me decide. Thanks for the input though.

Sent from my unreasonably large Note II

I have Cover King ballistic (nylon) seat covers in my 2013 WRX hatch. I have a couple of small dogs, and I wanted something that would be easier to clean than the bare seats.

The fronts fit pretty well, although they will never be wrinkle free. The rears fit, but they lack the tie downs of the fronts. The neoprene versions are supposed to provide the smoothest appearance, but I haven't seen them.

My main complaint is with wear. The covers have been in place since late July of 2013, and the driver's seat has already shown some fraying. I don't know how long the cover will remain usable, but it won't be years. That, for what is supposedly the most durable cloth cover.

Looks like cover king it is. Im probably going to go with the plain jane mesh stuff since its the cheapest. Thanks everyone for the info. I really appreciate it.

check covers by "wet okole." had these for my tacoma. have options for vehicles with side air bags. pricey but well worth your money.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyRama4 View Post
    check covers by "wet okole." had these for my tacoma. have options for vehicles with side air bags. pricey but well worth your money.
    I was going to post exactly the same thing. I had them on my Tacoma too. Great product, well worth the money.

Sparco makes stretchable headrest covers...
    Anyone with a GD non-STi can make use of them...
    They are a good fit without any pursed fabric or puckered Velcro, also the driver's side has a camelback attachment panel for those involved in competition...

$50 roughly for the pair, in black, blue, or red.

They are a perfect match for CoverKing black fabric. If you have many other Sparco accessories, ie, wheel, knobs, dash panels, etc... these are pretty nice, and very durable.
    FWIW, anyway...

I bought mine from DemonTweeks.Com in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by SwrvnMrvin View Post
    Looks like cover king it is. Im probably going to go with the plain jane mesh stuff since its the cheapest. Thanks everyone for the info. I really appreciate it.

I have a set of the charcoal colored CoverKing covers up for sale still (in my FS thread HERE). Never got to getting them installed before, and don't fit my '06 (I sold the '11 they were for).
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......