Stage 2 gauge question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 gauge question within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, Finally biting the bullet and going stage 2 this summer. Trying to get everything together so I can ...

I Support ClubWRX

Stage 2 gauge question

Hey Guys,

Finally biting the bullet and going stage 2 this summer. Trying to get everything together so I can put my order in. Gauges I am looking at are the AEM boost and the AEM Wideband UEGO and putting them into the SMY cluster. From doing all my reading and research I just want to make sure I have everything ready for the install.

Boost Gauge, I have read that it is pretty simple to install

Wideband/AFR Gauge, I have read mixed installations.

Do i just need two fuse taps for power, o2 sensor for AFR install on the downpipe (after the turbo, but before the cat) not to close to the turbo due to heat. Bring both gauge wires through the fender gromet on either the driver or pass side. I'm leaning towards the driver due to the fact that the SMY cluster will be on the drivers side.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appricated.

Also any other catted downpipe instead of the invidia that anyone reccommends. Leaning towards the invidia catted divorced wastegate, but am open for suggestions.

Thanks everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother spending extra on the divorced wastegate. A bellmouth is perfectly fine. And some debate it flows better.

I would definitely get two fuse taps, the wideband will use a lot of power.

I Support ClubWRX
    Perfect, so you are recommending two fuse taps for just the wideband, and then obviously a separate one for the boost gauge?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    No, one fuse tap for each gauge. There's only one power line into the wideband that I remember, and that has to power the sensor and the gauge. The sensor is what will eat up a lot of the power. So make sure you plug into the ignition or something with a decent current running through.

I Support ClubWRX

Stage 2 gauge question

Next question is should I go catted or catless. I live in PA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catted unless your getting a protune .

I Support ClubWRX
    So a pro tune would account for the missing cat, I have heard of over boosting issues or boost creep issues, obviously the pro tune would account for that. However if I do go catless would I be looking into issues down the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ots maps are made for catted downpipes.

I believe boost creep is a mechanical issue that is unique to each car. Some cars have a problem, some don't. Tuning can help, but not eliminate. Sea level and temperature plays a role in creep issues as well.
    OTS maps are designed for catted pipes, but most would recommend you get either an etune or a pro tune to better suit your individual car. Both of these work fine with catless DPs.
    The only benefit to a catless DP is to save a few hundred dollars, the power difference is negligible. But it does smell like you're just dumping fuel, and you can run a tad rich.

I'm going stage 2 next week, going catless since torqued performance says it will be fine.
    I have no info on gauges though, wife won't let me have them: (...good luck

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.