HELP water in the trunk - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on HELP water in the trunk within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had a trunk leak. I took all the trunk carpet out, wall carpet, and dried everything up, i kept ...

Leak fixed

I had a trunk leak. I took all the trunk carpet out, wall carpet, and dried everything up, i kept looking for the leak until i foud the spoiler bolts were rusted a little, so i figured thats where the water was coming from, i took out the spoiler, put some silicone around all the holes in the trunk and put everything back together, tomorrow im goin to the car wash and test it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Me Too

Same issue, 04 WRX, pool of water in the spare. The second (further back) bolt of the driver side spoiler has rust on it, so I assume that is the culprit. Need to replace and test.

Can people post more success stories? Did the gaskets on the spoiler help?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw free checking, I drive my bank account!!!

Any updates on what worked to fix the driver's side trunk leak? I have this problem on my 02 WRX and am looking for some solutions.

I know this is old but has anyone figured out where water was leaking in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12