08+ Painted Trim?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Painted Trim? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wondering if anyone with an 08+ has painted the silver trim on the dash? Or has seen pics of ...

08+ Painted Trim?

Just wondering if anyone with an 08+ has painted the silver trim on the dash? Or has seen pics of it painted?. Other than the normal gauge, short shift, alacantra upgrades im looking for ideas to spruce up the interior.

During a search i did see someone painted a gloss black finish their trim. Any other colors?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    I sticker bombed mine.

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I actually thought about that today. The way I thought about it would turn out tacky in my eyes, yours looks great! Way to be different!

Thanks. Still have a few pieces o do (steering wheel pieces and door handle trim.), but if done right, it's a head-turner.

Have had people sitting next to me in traffic compliment me.

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    I sticker bombed mine.

Sent from my iBone
    That is awesome.

Thanks. It was a lot of fun to do.

Sent from my iBone

I had a local artist in Az paint mine.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    is that digital camo around the shifter?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Yes it is!
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

That is sweet! I need to find something to do with mine. I almost traded the wrx in because of the interior, then we got 2 feet of snow and I couldn't imagine getting around without awd.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Yes it is!
    awesome! my boyfriend would love that. he wants to do a digital camo vinyl wrap on his metropolitan

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

New member, just getting started with interior modifications.

Have recently experimented with plasti dipping the silver door trim. Utilized the Matte Black followed up by the Violet Metalizer and Glossifier coats.
    For the Radio Bezel it is carbon vinyl on the outskirts and glossy vinyl over the center section.

I will be looking to custom the longer silver panel on the dash at some point as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-03-23 07.34.28.jpg   2014-03-21 16.16.51.jpg  

I like the carbon fiber look! was it hard to put on?

Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    I like the carbon fiber look! was it hard to put on?
    Annoying at times around the corners but otherwise is pretty flexible with heat. I find the new Di-Noc is a bit more rigid around the corners but looks very nice. I opted for the older 1080 film from 3m for the interior. I place a series of small slits here and there and triangulate some corners to avoid overlap of the vinyl. Takes patience and reworking but is plenty feasible for a newcomer like myself. Also very easy to remove and adjust with heat with no residue left.

That is pretty neat^^ how's that switch cover going for you? I dipped my jdm bezel anthracite grey with gloss, and I didn't realize how often I touch it when I try to mess with the radio(touchscreen). The rubber feeling is starting to bug me but it looks so nice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.