08+ Painted Trim? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 08+ Painted Trim? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by NowDatsG That is pretty neat^^ how's that switch cover going for you? I dipped my jdm bezel ...

Quote Originally Posted by NowDatsG View Post
    That is pretty neat^^ how's that switch cover going for you? I dipped my jdm bezel anthracite grey with gloss, and I didn't realize how often I touch it when I try to mess with the radio(touchscreen). The rubber feeling is starting to bug me but it looks so nice.
    Just reinstalled them back in the car today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140324_163415.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	141033

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HighRevinWRX View Post
    New member, just getting started with interior modifications.

Have recently experimented with plasti dipping the silver door trim. Utilized the Matte Black followed up by the Violet Metalizer and Glossifier coats.
    For the Radio Bezel it is carbon vinyl on the outskirts and glossy vinyl over the center section.

I will be looking to custom the longer silver panel on the dash at some point as well.
    This is a great look.

Revamped some of the interior panels; can't decide. Went with plasti dip and glossifier and then added the carbon fiber vinyl and silver pin stripe. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140414_170254.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	144113

I dipped my interior red, after vinyl wrap didnt go to well. Going to sticker bomb the rest. How did u get the long pieces of trim off? Was it hard? And did the ac controls separate from the trim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    There is a DIY on how to remove trim pieces somewhere. And yes, the trim just came off over the knobs.

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Okk thanks

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by nick2014wrx View Post
    Okk thanks

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...4#post23485534

Sent from my iBone
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Thanks man this helps alot!

Thanks for adding pics everyone. Hopefully this will help out other members with the same thoughts I had and come up with ideas.

Btw I noticed the other day when I wiped the plastidip with armor all it removed some of the rubbery feeling. You can still tell its dip but its smoother. Just an fyi I guess

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nick2014wrx View Post

I dipped my interior red, after vinyl wrap didnt go to well. Going to sticker bomb the rest. How did u get the long pieces of trim off? Was it hard? And did the ac controls separate from the trim?

I really like the red around the stereo/vents. is that just the regular red plasti-dip rattle can?
    2013 Subaru WRX named BlueRex
    2003 Jeep Rubicon, special zombie apocalypse edition

Thanks, and yea i did a couple coats of black plasti dip underneath so it would be so bright. But if u want it to be more bright u could use white pasti dip underneath the red and then spray red coats on top. Its better to spray down a base color before an actual color cause it lays down a little differently

I Support ClubWRX
    no i think that's a great color right there. looks like factory to me. does it match the threading in the seats pretty well?

Its identical. I did 3-4 coats of black until it was nice and solid, then i did lots or red until texture and color was achieved. It took about 2 hours but if u able to do in garage then put it in sun to dry u can do it in less then hour

I Support ClubWRX
    right on. time is not concern for me. i've never done it but i bought a can of it and have experimented with a couple pieces of junk lol. i'm gonna pick of some red to go with the black i have and try that out on something.

Dipped some pieces tonight.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast