Interchangeable clocks

This is a discussion on Interchangeable clocks within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I'm new to Subaru so bare with me please. Bought myself a x reg (2000) wrx sti impreza, ...

Interchangeable clocks

Hi all, I'm new to Subaru so bare with me please.

Bought myself a x reg (2000) wrx sti impreza, the bugeye shape.

I don't like that the rev gauge is bigger than the speedo and seen a 2003 bug eye with a bigger speedo than rev gauge. Are these compatible and how tough are the clocks to come out.

Cheers to all in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what?

"the bugeye shape" was only 2002 and 2003, the clock is on the top of the dash in the middle. the interior was the same from 2002-04 (not sure on start date), 05 introduced a new center console. I have a 2003 wrx wagon, and the speedo is in the center, tachometer on the right side, temp and gas on the left.

I believe 2004 changed the location of speedo/tach so that the tachometer (rpm) is in the center and the speed on the right.

I don't entirely understand what you are asking. also, there was no STi (in the US) until 2004. Do you know what kind of car you have?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hurd.jason1 View Post
    what?

"the bugeye shape" was only 2002 and 2003,
    You're thinking of cars in your locale. In most of the world they arrived and were gone a model year earlier. The OP is correct and knows what car it is.

OP: pull out the clock and see whether the three harness clips match the clock on the donor car. If both donor and recipient don't have the STi extras (or if they both do) then you are probably OK.

If you want to go from plain (no rev buzzer) to fancy look for how-to threads for STi cluster swaps, these are popular in the US. If you need km or miles and must switch units too talk to a local shop though.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by hurd.jason1 View Post
    what?

"the bugeye shape" was only 2002 and 2003, the clock is on the top of the dash in the middle. the interior was the same from 2002-04 (not sure on start date), 05 introduced a new center console. I have a 2003 wrx wagon, and the speedo is in the center, tachometer on the right side, temp and gas on the left.

I believe 2004 changed the location of speedo/tach so that the tachometer (rpm) is in the center and the speed on the right.

I don't entirely understand what you are asking. also, there was no STi (in the US) until 2004. Do you know what kind of car you have?
    Instead of assuming everyone lives in the US of A, recognize that the internet is accessible to individuals from across the globe.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    You're thinking of cars in your locale. In most of the world they arrived and were gone a model year earlier. The OP is correct and knows what car it is.

OP: pull out the clock and see whether the three harness clips match the clock on the donor car. If both donor and recipient don't have the STi extras (or if they both do) then you are probably OK.

If you want to go from plain (no rev buzzer) to fancy look for how-to threads for STi cluster swaps, these are popular in the US. If you need km or miles and must switch units too talk to a local shop though.
    I'm from the uk mate. But will have a look for the how to threads.

Cheers