AEM Boost/Wideband Install
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AEM Boost/Wideband Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I have a quick question. I am gonna install my AEM boost and AEM wideband tomorrow into my smy ...

AEM Boost/Wideband Install

Hey, I have a quick question. I am gonna install my AEM boost and AEM wideband tomorrow into my smy gauge cluster. I have all the mechanical stuff down. I was wondering if I could wire both of the gauges to the fuse box? Where are other reasonable places to wire both gauges?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Also I was wondering where do you put the brass pieces for the boost gauge? I know where the T fitting goes but not sure about the brass parts.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The wideband will need a good power source that comes on with the motor, so if you want to run it to the fuse box the simplest way would be to get a fuse tap and put it into the ignition fuse. (AEM recommends to use the ignition). Plenty of continuous strong current to power the sensor in the exhaust.

Boost gauge, I wouldn't think it's power needs would be that great, so just follow the instructions on the box or ask AEM what kind of power source it needs. Again, a fuse tap would be the easiest thing if you want to run it into the fuse box.

Everything went really smooth! It was easier than I thought it would be. For now I am just doing the boost gauge until I do a little more to the car. I have the pod cover in the mail and should be here Monday. Thanks for the advice everyone! We used the tap a fuse and went into the ACC fuse. Then just had to ground the gauge and that is all. It has its own illumination built in so that is nice. The SMY was a great fit and turned out really well!

I will post pics in my journal/build thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.