avic x940bt installed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on avic x940bt installed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well it's been -10 here in Vt for the past two days so I figured I'd try my hand at ...

avic x940bt installed

Well it's been -10 here in Vt for the past two days so I figured I'd try my hand at installing my new headunit I got for xmas. I was lucky enough to have a buddy who recently sold his STi and he still happened to have his 20 pin wiring harness and the frame to fill in the gap (mostly it isn't perfect but I can deal until spring). I ordered the forward wiring harness from ae64 with the steering wheel controls so I figured I'd practice my hand at soldering and connecting everything with this wiring harness before I get the "correct" one.

On a scale of 1-10 on difficulty I'd give it a 4. I've never soldered or done much in the way of wiring but I found that this was pretty easy and I kinda enjoyed it! I used shrink tubing to cover everything because I read using electrical tape isn't prefered. I know there is way to bypass the ebrake but I haven't attempted that yet because it's not something I plan on needing for a while. Taking off the old radio was extremely easy and didn't give me any problems. I did run into a problem getting the old bracket off the old headunit. I had one bolt that was already kinda stripped and just wouldn't budge but luckily I have some easy outs and I managed to remove it.

Routing the microphone was the biggest pain just because it was so cold and I had to have my door open to try and get the wire through. Now just figuring out how to use everything on it is the next task! Here are a few pics of my work. Oh this was done on a 2010 wrx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image2.jpg   image.jpg   image1.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice job
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.