03 WRX NO TAILLIGHTS, DASH LIGHTS, or STEREO BACKLIGHTS HELP!

This is a discussion on 03 WRX NO TAILLIGHTS, DASH LIGHTS, or STEREO BACKLIGHTS HELP! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2003 subaru wrx sedan I have no gauge cluster lights but the odometer lcd works fine, the ...

03 WRX NO TAILLIGHTS, DASH LIGHTS, or STEREO BACKLIGHTS HELP!

I have a 2003 subaru wrx sedan

I have no gauge cluster lights but the odometer lcd works fine, the radio backlight is out but plays music (radio lcd works as well), I have no taillights (brake lights, turn signals, hazards, and headlights work).

Ive tried to use the parking light to bypass but nothing works.

When I turn the headlight knob to the first position i hear a small click where the dash fuses would be and when I turn it to the second position I hear a louder click in the glove compartment area.

Ive checked fuses and replaced some just in case but no luck, someone told me it could be a relay, a broken ground, or a switch. Not 100% sure where else to start.

I did check the relays under the hood they seem to be fine there are 4 relays next to the fuses under the dash but i have no idea what they are and i cant seem to find a diagram Ive read one could be for illumination. Below is a couple of pics of the relays not tooo great though.
    WP_20131220_13_11_28_Pro | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Any ideas anyone because I am terrible with electrical... I had the fuses checked by my mechanic buddy he agreed that they are fine power isnt making it to the necessary areas...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you recently install a car radio?

The click under the glove compartment is likely the headlamp relay. Check all connections.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Nothing installed, before it went out everything flickered then came back on 15 min later it happened and everything went out and never came back on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Suspect a bad contact and/or relay then.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I had a similar problem in an 02, ended up being a bad connection in the harness for the stereo.
    EDIT: mine would blow the fuse....