Boost gauge
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 STi , thinking about a Subaru boost gauge , anybody have one installed ? do they ...

Boost gauge

I have a 2013 STi , thinking about a Subaru boost gauge , anybody have one installed ? do they look good ? how much
    boost do they usually show ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 09bluewrx View Post
    I have a 2013 STi , thinking about a Subaru boost gauge , anybody have one installed ? do they look good ? how much
    I have one installed from the factory, I think it is currently the only one that matches the factory gauges. BUT there is a thread around here about a high quality gauge being made to match the factory look. I don't think they have been released yet though. Hopefully someone else subscribed to the thread and can give you a link (because I can't find it right now)

While the STP gauge looks nice, it isn't the most accurate or best quality gauge. There are much better ones out there. I will probably upgrade to a new one when the matching ones are released. I wish I could remember the thread it was in.

EDIT: I found the thread, it's over on NASIOC. But here is a link directly to the website: Factory Match Gauges
    Last edited by Nayrb37; 12-19-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Found thread
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Defi Red Racer gauges matches perfectly with my 2013 wrx dash.
    '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V SOLD
    '13 SWP WRX 4-door
    -Invidia Q300 cat-back-Cobb AP Stage 1 v331-

Defi is probably the best way to go. There are other quality gauges out there too.

I'd stay away from the SPT gauge that Subaru offers. I've heard/seen plenty of stories where it fails.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I've got the SPT gauge on mine and cross check it with my access port.....no accuracy issues I can see.
    2013 Ice Silver Premium 5 door - Stage 1 E-Tune

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Heard plenty of mixed reviews on the SPT. I have no experience with it though so I couldn't give you my own conclusion.

I have a prosport mechanical boost gauge. It works well I wana say the accuracy is +/- .5 lbs ish. I have a 2013 sti in sport mode it'll boost up to 15 lbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1387549845296.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1387549865106.jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1387549902584.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 09bluewrx View Post
    Maddad gauges have a good reputation and are a perfect cluster match, including startup sweep. They are a lower price point than Defi, as well.

Subaru WRX STi Factory Matched Boost Gauge with White Needle
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

^I'm a big fan of Maddad gauges.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

What gauge cluster is that? Where did you get it? Thanks

I made the pod with fiberglass using the diy guide it the how to section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    +3 for Maddad if you can swing it.

Anyone else have any input on the Maddad boost gauge? I am looking at getting one soon. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.