Mods! Where to begin?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mods! Where to begin? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've had my 2014 Black Rex for a week and a half now, she's a hatchback, I'm itching to mod! ...

Talking Mods! Where to begin?

I've had my 2014 Black Rex for a week and a half now, she's a hatchback, I'm itching to mod! I only have 400 miles on her right now but in the NEAR future i'm planning to get the following items:

Exhaust (I'm leaning twoards the Single pipe BLITZ exhaust)
    Red RallyArmor Mudflaps
    PERRIN Shift Knob (Ordered and coming)
    Grimmspeed License plate relocator (Ordered and coming)
    Short shifter (Either KartBoy or COBB)
    Coilovers ( ? ? ? ? ?)
    Lip Kit (OEM?)
    BOV (COBB??)
    License Plate delete (COBB)
    Wheels! ( I really want to save up for some TE37, But for now, powercoat the rims red)
    Fog lights (Dealer installation in a couple of weeks)

I'm pretty sure i missed alot of the things but for now, this is the only ones i could think of. Again, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I was just itching to ask, WHERE DO I START? and how long do i have to wait before i can put a exhaust on my car (because of the "Break in" period). Am i missing something? Thanks

-Dylan the noobie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Regarding dealer installed fogs, they are a waste of time/money. They don't really function well at all.

Are you planning on just a catback/axleback, or a full turboback exhaust? If you are going full turboback, that has to be tuned for.

If you do get a BOV, which is not necessary at all at this point, make sure if is a full recirculating one.

This is a worthwhile thread to take a look through if you haven't already --->First Modifications - what to do and not to do

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^Yep, read that thread, take your time with the mods, do it right. You haven't even broken the car in yet lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    In regards to coilovers, how much do you know about these? If this is a DD car I would NOT recommend getting coilovers as they are a very rough ride. I would recommend instead a good spring and strut combo.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    In regards to coilovers, how much do you know about these? If this is a DD car I would NOT recommend getting coilovers as they are a very rough ride. I would recommend instead a good spring and strut combo.
    Koni yellows + rce yellows/blacks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.