Installing aftermarket heated seats w/ cloth seats and using oem on/off switch?

This is a discussion on Installing aftermarket heated seats w/ cloth seats and using oem on/off switch? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I've been thinking about purchasing an aftermarket heated seats kit here... HeatedSeatKits.com - The Future is Warm I was ...

Installing aftermarket heated seats w/ cloth seats and using oem on/off switch?

So I've been thinking about purchasing an aftermarket heated seats kit here...
    HeatedSeatKits.com - The Future is Warm
    I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase oem on and off switches off of ebay and wiring them up to it to give the stock look and utilizing the center counsel grommets allready on the car... I found the switches on ebay here...
    Subaru Impreza Heated Seat Switches Driver and Passenger Side | eBay
    My question is what would I have to do to make the 2 work together and would installing this be too much of a pain in my ass to be worth it at all?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those switches can not handle the load. There's a relay somewhere that handles the power. You'd have to install relays and run HEAVY (fused) power lines. Could be done ...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?