accelerator pedal assembly swap

This is a discussion on accelerator pedal assembly swap within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; not sure if this is the right area to post this but worth a shot. wondering if this would be ...

accelerator pedal assembly swap

not sure if this is the right area to post this but worth a shot.

wondering if this would be a simple plug and play. I have a 2008 wrx with the rubber one piece pedal. Saw this on ebay.

2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI DBW Accelerator Pedal Assembly GR8 EJ257 | eBay

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check with junk yards, take your time. I'm afraid the assembly offered is faulty to begin with. Why else would it end up on sale? I looked into changing it to make the engine react a little less drastic to the pedal, found that the Forester has the same, but it's actually a "computer-networked" part and can not easily be altered.
    Maybe the STI pedal will result in STI power? If so it's certainly worth the $70+S&H...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

its for sale because it looks to be from a junkyard or somewhere and its being parted out.

i wanted to get this because i want a set of aluminum pedals and this seems to be the only way to get it for the gas pedal.

Can anybody provide a definitive answer? It looks exactly the same