How To Uninstall 03 WRX Factory Boost Gauge?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on How To Uninstall 03 WRX Factory Boost Gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; May be a newbie question but how do I do this? Just ordered a new boost gauge and pod cause ...

How To Uninstall 03 WRX Factory Boost Gauge?

May be a newbie question but how do I do this? Just ordered a new boost gauge and pod cause I can't stand the factory gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Just go in reverse:
    NorthUrsalia.com: Column Mounted Turbo Boost Gauge

Also:
    5 Minute Boost Gauge Install - Subaru WRX - YouTube

There should be a T in the vacuum line coming off the stock BPV. Just plug your new gauge into the T.
    If your new gauge is mechanical, plug that vacuum line coming off the T into the back of the gauge.
    If your new gauge is electrical, plug that vacuum line coming off the T into the sensor, then wire the sensor into the gauge.

What kind of pod do you have? This will have an effect on where in the electrical harness you might want to wire your gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Just go in reverse:
    NorthUrsalia.com: Column Mounted Turbo Boost Gauge

Also:
    5 Minute Boost Gauge Install - Subaru WRX - YouTube

There should be a T in the vacuum line coming off the stock BPV. Just plug your new gauge into the T.
    If your new gauge is mechanical, plug that vacuum line coming off the T into the back of the gauge.
    If your new gauge is electrical, plug that vacuum line coming off the T into the sensor, then wire the sensor into the gauge.

What kind of pod do you have? This will have an effect on where in the electrical harness you might want to wire your gauge.
    Well it's a Turbosmart Mechanical Boost Gauge 52mm along with their 52mm pod. I wanted to mount it in the exact place where the stock Boost gauge was so I don't have a hole in the steering column. If it'll work that way?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I think the stock location is on the steering column, but you can put it almost anywhere u want. I think the factory gauge has a plug that plugs into the radio harness (see the first link I posted, it's Subaru's instructions), unless it was installed by a previous owner. Then they could've wired it any number of ways. Best thing to do would be to just see how its installed, and if you have any doubt just post up pictures and we can help.

You have several wiring options as well. Easiest would be to just use a fuse tap if you don't want to solder, split, and test a bunch of wires. There's countless threads on how to wire a boost gauge, its pretty simple.

I think the stock location is on the steering column, but you can put it almost anywhere u want. I think the factory gauge has a plug that plugs into the radio harness (see the first link I posted, it's Subaru's instructions), unless it was installed by a previous owner. Then they could've wired it any number of ways. Best thing to do would be to just see how its installed, and if you have any doubt just post up pictures and we can help.

You have several wiring options as well. Easiest would be to just use a fuse tap if you don't want to solder, split, and test a bunch of wires. There's countless threads on how to wire a boost gauge, its pretty simple.
    Thanks, much appreciated. It's on the right side of the steering column. Came that way from the factory. I dont think it'll be to hard. If I have any other questions I'll post them for sure. I have step by step instructions now so like the other guy said I'll do it in reverse and see how it goes from there.

I actually just ordered the ATI steering column dual pod 52mm setup so I'll replace the original steering column cover with the ATI setup. No holes in the steering Column

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.