is boost gauge a Subaru option on 02 wrx? is so i need some advice with connectors
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on is boost gauge a Subaru option on 02 wrx? is so i need some advice with connectors within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello guys , just bought a turbo boost gauge what it seems to be an option when you buy the ...

is boost gauge a Subaru option on 02 wrx? is so i need some advice with connectors

Hello guys , just bought a turbo boost gauge what it seems to be an option when you buy the car brand new from the dealer, the one that mounts between the steering wheel and the dash on the right side of the ignition cover..... I bought it use, so i installed it , ran the vacuum hose through a rubber plug in the firewall and t into the to the prssure sensor next to the aircooler , it reads vacuum and boost as it should , but it also had 2 pig tails connected in parallel, to light up the gauge when lights are on, well I looked every where under the dash, even behind the radio, couldnt find a bloody pigtail that looks like the one that came with the gauge, (actually I found a black connector thats is the one that controls the beeping sound when the car has the key in the ignition and a door is open, and a second one GREEN that was actually disconnected with only one wire going to it on both plugs, when connected made the check engine light to blink when the ignition is turned on, so i immediately unplugged it and left it the way it was, any ideas on this , or should i just stop looking for the plug and take power from the fog light switch or else?

Thanks

German Blusuby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get the wiring diagrams from ken-gilbert.com, locate the Illumination wire coming from the back of the fuse box. Tap the pig tail into the illumination wire and then ground the other.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If I remember correctly, you should already have a plug coming off of your stereo harness that it hooks right into.

Thanks for your help, I removed the Radio and look in that part of the dash, and couldnt find anything, when I get home I will also remove the AC control panel , it might be under there, will see!

thanks

yes it should have a pig tail for that......

Cheers

Hi all! I ended up removing the radio and removed all the bolts that holds the AC control panel , I found the ilumination plug, which in my car it was also use to light up the ash tray....

so the LAMCO booster gauge and Illumination for it is up and running.....
    tomorrow evening I will be receiving a COBB AP V3, cant wait to have it installed and running

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.