Best seat for the money?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best seat for the money? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok these seats just I've had enough of. I've read some of the DIY's, but that's just not gonna cut ...

Best seat for the money?

ok these seats just I've had enough of. I've read some of the DIY's, but that's just not gonna cut it for me.

So what's the best seat for the money? I want something not to expensive... but there are no places where I can test the seats comfort, so I sort of have to rely on peoples opinions on here. Name really doesn't matter or any of that. For instance though, the recaro's in both my Evo 9 and 10 both were very comfortable for me if that can be any sort of reference. Only buying one so my Wife's side will still have the airbag. If any of them have head protection on the side that doesn't make visibility impossible, that would be a plus.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Bugeye seats. Cheap, OEM, and the highest bolsters of any WRX or STI. They fit like a glove.

/thread
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Bugeye seats. Cheap, OEM, and the highest bolsters of any WRX or STI. They fit like a glove.

/thread
    Hmmm, interesting... never sat in one honestly. I will have to look at some pricing. I don't suppose they would bolt right up by some random chance would they?

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought a Sparco Milano 2 off of some website I found. Got it for $500. Super comfy. I agree the stock seats are ****. I hope to get the passenger side to match soon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Hmmm, interesting... never sat in one honestly. I will have to look at some pricing. I don't suppose they would bolt right up by some random chance would they?
    To a 3G? Not sure. They will bolt up to all 02-07 cars.

To add some more info, the seats have a very dark blue (nearly black) center fabric with black Alacantara-like sides and bolsters. The side fabric does a great job holding you in place. You do not slide around in these seats, yet I could drive all day long and not get sore.

The headrest isn't molded into the seat like later years, and is fully adjustable. The seats are equipped with side airbags, although I'd be cautious about connecting in a car with a different body shape. Not sure about that one.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    To a 3G? Not sure. They will bolt up to all 02-07 cars.

To add some more info, the seats have a very dark blue (nearly black) center fabric with black Alacantara-like sides and bolsters. The side fabric does a great job holding you in place. You do not slide around in these seats, yet I could drive all day long and not get sore.

The headrest isn't molded into the seat like later years, and is fully adjustable. The seats are equipped with side airbags, although I'd be cautious about connecting in a car with a different body shape. Not sure about that one.
    I'd like to look into getting a new one if I could instead of one that's been sat in for years. My lower back has arthritis and 2 bulging discs, so obviously lower back support is very important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    I bought a Sparco Milano 2 off of some website I found. Got it for $500. Super comfy. I agree the stock seats are ****. I hope to get the passenger side to match soon

Well my friend you indeed got a great price, lowest I've seen was 989.00 I think it was. Wish I could afford that, but I can't

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Bugeye seats are awesome. I've sat in evo recaros, acuras, BMW's and the bugeye seats are my favorite. They'd be better if they were leather instead of clothe and suede. But as far as comfort, feel, and support for a medium weight person 130-190lbs and 30-36 waist, they're perfect!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Bugeye seats are awesome. I've sat in evo recaros, acuras, BMW's and the bugeye seats are my favorite. They'd be better if they were leather instead of clothe and suede. But as far as comfort, feel, and support for a medium weight person 130-190lbs and 30-36 waist, they're perfect!!!
    Yeah, I'm 170 and 32" waist

OEM Subaru Parts - Subaru Parts Depot

I cannot find the whole seat to save my life, anyone have a link to the whole seat?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I surely got a nice price!! Hey man check out this website, it searches junk yards around. They have them

http://car-part.com

I have got some neat things, like STI cup holder.

Quote Originally Posted by pbart617 View Post
    Yeah I surely got a nice price!! Hey man check out this website, it searches junk yards around. They have them

Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market

I have got some neat things, like STI cup holder.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was also looking at the sparco Evo seat. Read some pretty good reviews on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, they are pretty comfy.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    If you want something with a little more "status" and lightweight, sparco evo are cheaper as well as some bride seats.

Also, check eBay for some OE bugeye seats. There's usually a couple sets available at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    If you want something with a little more "status" and lightweight, sparco evo are cheaper as well as some bride seats.

Also, check eBay for some OE bugeye seats. There's usually a couple sets available at any given time.
    Ehhh, weight I don't care much. It's more for me about my back. Arthritis sucks man. I don't mind the seats used, but I'm worried I'll get some worn out junky ones. What was the last year of those? 2007?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.