Best seat for the money? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Best seat for the money? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The bugeye seats we're referring to were only made 02-03. But they will bolt up to any 02-07 car. 04-07 ...

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The bugeye seats we're referring to were only made 02-03. But they will bolt up to any 02-07 car. 04-07 received different seats altogether and in a couple different styles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    The bugeye seats we're referring to were only made 02-03. But they will bolt up to any 02-07 car. 04-07 received different seats altogether and in a couple different styles.
    I was just hoping I wouldn't have to hack up the rails or anything. I think with the recaro evo 2 seats have rails I can get to bolt them right up. Of course the difference in price is substantial, but i'm not planning on getting 2 seats because if my Wife is riding with me I want her to have airbags. Then again, the cheapest I've seen the recaro for was 780.00 ... so that sucks lol.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

are the corbeau seats like junk or what? They are so much less expensive than the other brands... or is that just because they weren't in the fast and furious movies? lol

Corbeau aren't bad at all.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I've seen a set of Recaro seats from Evos going for $500 a pair...that's not a bad price at all.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I've seen a set of Recaro seats from Evos going for $500 a pair...that's not a bad price at all.
    No, it's not and honestly, coming from both an Evo 9 and X I loved the way they fit me. At this point my lower back arthritis and bulging discs hurt to the point where I just don't even want to have to push a clutch in anymore. However, still being a bit upside down on my car... it wouldn't be easy to get a payment where mine is now or lower. That's why in another thread I had asked about the chargers and had also looked at the challengers. They are big, very safe cars for my son to be in (not that the Subie isn't) but I feel after a short time I would feel rather let down by the performance vs. my old Evo's or my WRX being at stage 3 I've looked at their power and such and stock it's just not that great compared to the weight. I just figure if i'm going to be in my car, I may as well do all I can for my back to hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    No, it's not and honestly, coming from both an Evo 9 and X I loved the way they fit me. At this point my lower back arthritis and bulging discs hurt to the point where I just don't even want to have to push a clutch in anymore. However, still being a bit upside down on my car... it wouldn't be easy to get a payment where mine is now or lower. That's why in another thread I had asked about the chargers and had also looked at the challengers. They are big, very safe cars for my son to be in (not that the Subie isn't) but I feel after a short time I would feel rather let down by the performance vs. my old Evo's or my WRX being at stage 3 I've looked at their power and such and stock it's just not that great compared to the weight. I just figure if i'm going to be in my car, I may as well do all I can for my back to hold up.
    Yeah I don't blame you there. Sorry about the back man. I know how it goes.

My back would hurt and cause some pretty bad sciatica in my ass/legs if I drove for more than 45 minutes in my last STI. I too deal with repercussions of bulging discs. For whatever reason, the 05 STI seats just sucked terribly. Since I've had my 2012 WRX, I'm yet to experience that same pain. They are millions of times better than the older STI seats. Bummer you haven't had any positive experiences with them.

I will agree that Bugeye seats are a hell of a lot more comfortable though. They are very supportive and have great bolster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah I don't blame you there. Sorry about the back man. I know how it goes.

My back would hurt and cause some pretty bad sciatica in my ass/legs if I drove for more than 45 minutes in my last STI. I too deal with repercussions of bulging discs. For whatever reason, the 05 STI seats just sucked terribly. Since I've had my 2012 WRX, I'm yet to experience that same pain. They are millions of times better than the older STI seats. Bummer you haven't had any positive experiences with them.

I will agree that Bugeye seats are a hell of a lot more comfortable though. They are very supportive and have great bolster.
    I would likely get one if I knew that I wouldn't have to mod a bunch of stuff for the seat to fit. Plus, if it's the 02-03 seats, they are 10 years old. I'd rather buy an OEM one, even though they would be very expensive... but I wouldn't have to worry about them being worn out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12