2013 Subaru WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 Subaru WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Wondering if anyone knows where i can find the wiring diagram for my 2013 subaru wrx, i am ...

2013 Subaru WRX

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone knows where i can find the wiring diagram for my 2013 subaru wrx, i am installing my aftermarket stereo this weekend and also a steering wheel adapter..

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you just need the wiring diagram for the stereo, Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information has everything you need.

Well on that site it only says up to 2010 any difference from the 08 to the 13s?

Maybe you misread, it says 2008 and up. I used they're wiring guide for my 2011 and had no problems.. yours should be the same. Where did you buy a wiring harness from to do your install? and what module did you buy for the steering wheel controls? I highly suggest buying both from ae64.com

Here is the pin-out list for the stock wiring, as well as their 20 pin forward harness used for 2008+ WRX
    Subaru 20-pin radio harness pin-out

i got them from a local audio shop.. i know the wiring harness they gave me was a 2007 nissan harness that they said would work. And i dont remember what the steering wheel controls was. but if i have any issues i will just take it too them and have them do it.

I have no experience with the Nissan harness, but I recall reading that they aren't 100% compatible...
    My suggestion would be to return it if you can, and order the 20pin forward harness, and Metra Axxess ASWC (steering wheel controls) unit from ae64.com .... It will work perfectly..

What model head unit are you installing?

Pioneer AVH-X2500BT.... Also i am really leaning towards having the shop install everything even though that will be about 150 dollars.. I have heard that the steering wheel control adapter is just a hastle to install. If you can give me any insight on it that would be great...

This'll be the third link to the same site:

Parts Needed To Install Aftermarket Head Unit In Subaru Impreza/WRX/STI/Forester/Crosstrek

It describes what's needed to preserve the function of the SWC (steering wheel controls) when installing an aftermarket head unit. The harness that you have been sold does not include the pins for the SWC. What sort of SWC adapter did you buy (ASWC or PAC)?

Did you get a hardware adapter to fill the gap when a standard double DIN radio is mounted in a US spec WRX bezel? (double DIN is 7" wide; the standard US radio is 8".)

Yes i have the dash kit, i have the ASWC. I also have a seperate wiring harness for the stereo. I know how to install an aftermarket stereo. i was worried about installing the swc adapter because i have never done this before.

i have all the parts necessary just dont know if i want to jump in and try to do it with really no electrical background.

i did a kenwood install in a 2011 sti using the nissan harness and it worked perfectly.

Dash kit = ugly spacing between the head unit and dash surround.
    ASWC controls are 10x easier to install than PAC (ive done both)

Buy the JDM replacement fascia/bezel ("A/V panel") - Subaru part # 66065SC130 (if you want it to look OEM) and use the metal brackets from the stock head unit to mount.
    .. as bobkn said, the Nissan harness does not have the pins for the AWSC control module...

For AWSC install, there are 4 wires that connect to the 20 pin harness.. it comes pre-programmed for your car (if you buy from ae64.com)
    For PAC steering control install, you have to actually power bump the module using live power wire to install it (not recommended if you dont have experience)

For parking brake bypass, check out ebay here:
    NEW Pioneer AVH X1500DVD AVH X2500BT AVH X3500BHS Parking Brake Bypass TR7 PAC | eBay
    Otherwise you will have to connect the parking brake sensor in order to have full functionality of the Pioneer deck (again, much simpler to connect 3 wires instead of removing your console)

Total install took me apprx 30 min to complete with the parts listed, complete functionality, and here is a pic:

Last edited by Liquid2k; 08-28-2013 at 01:31 PM.

so the nissan harness is not compatable with the AWSC install? That doesent make sense if the people who sold it to me sold me them together..

I cant confirm that personally, however, here is a quote directly from ae64.com

"Additional Notes/Tips:

For several more tips on installing an aftermarket HU with a Subaru 20-pin harness, see my 20-pin HU installation guide.

None of the aftermarket harness manufacturers includes the wires for Subaru's audio Steering Wheel Controls (SWCs), CAN data bus, or Dimmer (Illumination –). Some even omit the ground wire (which the Nissan factory harness doesn't have). If you need harnesses that include any or all of those wires:

Subaru 20-pin 'forward' harness with Ground and 2 or 3 SWC wires (and optionally Dimmer and CAN wires) — use to install an aftermarket HU"

Also, if your shop is saying that the AWSC is a pain in the a.. to install, they are probably splicing into your stock wiring harness, which is not a good thing.
    Last edited by Liquid2k; 08-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Okay, thanks for all the information.. looks like i might be returning a few things..

No problem, good luck with the install.. it's really not that difficult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.