What to look for in boost gauges
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What to look for in boost gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey people! I have a 2013 Subaru Wrx and I have a few questions about boost gauges. Do any boost ...

What to look for in boost gauges

Hey people! I have a 2013 Subaru Wrx and I have a few questions about boost gauges. Do any boost gauge work or are there certain types of brands to get? Should I get two in one gauges?

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm really happy with my defi red racer gauges.
    Last edited by wrx-V; 08-25-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    '02 Sentra SE-R Spec V SOLD
    '13 SWP WRX 4-door
    -Invidia Q300 cat-back-Cobb AP Stage 1 v331-

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I highly recommend defi as well. Pricey but great gauges

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Kinda depends if you want bare bones or a lot features. SPT is always a winner, it's factory equipment and small. Good for if you just want a boost gauge.

But if you want several gauges in a triple pod or plan on expanding later some common gauges on subarus that I've seen a lot of are: (least expensive to most)
    Prosport (Most popular Budget)
    Maddad
    Greddy
    AEM
    Defi (Most popular)

VDO and Autometer are also good, not common on subarus though. VDO is factory equipment on Porsche.

All are "good," but again depends on what you're after. Electric gauges will run you more than mechanical but they read smoother, have more features; but will require more wiring. Do you want data logging features or peak/warning features? You'll have to read up to find what suits your needs.

Maybe start here:
    Gauge FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying some! - NASIOC
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 08-25-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks for this thread. I am looking to get a tri-pod with a boost and wideband for my future mods.

I have an AEM Uego Wideband and im totally happy with it, got it for 164 on amazon.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I would go with Maddad or Defi as well, they are pretty pricey tho depending.

Thank you for all the feed back from each one of you guys! Appreciate the comments and posts! I am definitely leaning towards defi cause I want to expand! Thanks again!

Any suggestions on triple pods for the pillar? Prefer matching OEM on the WRX.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^What year? 02-07 has a Triple pod that goes in the clock location that was actually part of an OEM factory gauge pack option.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    ^What year? 02-07 has a Triple pod that goes in the clock location that was actually part of an OEM factory gauge pack option.
    I have a 2013 Premium

Subddd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.