New custom flossy knob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New custom flossy knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I just got in my new shift knob from flossy and am sharing the two pic's my GF ...

New custom flossy knob

Hey all, I just got in my new shift knob from flossy and am sharing the two pic's my GF took with her phone today (sorry the pics are crappy quality). I would have uploaded better pics but I just moved and the good camera is in storage (Also explaining the mess in the car lol)

It took a little while to get the knob when I placed the custom order, but the wait is well worth it. Originally one of the knobs got lost in the mail, but Flossy immediately made a new one over the weekend and shipped out on a 2 day priority (props to Flossy)

The feel of the knob is nice. The material is comfortable to the hand but still has some grip. As for the smoothness of the shifting with the added weight, the knob does a great job at getting rid of a lot of the notchy feel.

If you are considering a flossy knob I would recommend getting the heavy grip tape knob for the added weight (that is the one I ordered as shown in the pic)
    I would recommend this knob to anyone looking for a unique style knob that is much heavier than the stock knob. Hell, my mom took a look at it and now she is ordering one as we speak, lol.

I almost went with the latheworks titanium knob, but having a knob that is to hot to touch in the summer's w/o keeping a sock over it didn't make any sense to me. No offense to latheworks, they have amazing quality knobs, but this was a better fit for me.

When I get my camera out of storage I will get better pics posted...with a cleaner car too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strongbadshift1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	115689

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strongbadshift2.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	115690
    Last edited by fickel8; 08-16-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Torqued performance stage 1 (using tactrix)
    -Continental DSW tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice, not a fan of the symbol but I'm looking to get one of these as well.

Did u get the heavyweight? Or regular? Standard

How do u like the textured finish? Was the fitment to the boot good?

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Nice, not a fan of the symbol but I'm looking to get one of these as well.

Did u get the heavyweight? Or regular? Standard

How do u like the textured finish? Was the fitment to the boot good?
    LOL, well it was custom strongbad character on there by my choice. You can put whatever you want on there, or leave it blank.

Heavyweight

Textured finish is sexy.

Fitment up to the boot was much better then expected since I didn't order their custom insert. To be honest I probably won't order the boot retainer because the boot is close enough to the bottom of the ball.

I am needing washers though to get the symbol to display straight (like in the pic). When tightened down it is cockeyed. I knew this going into it though.
    Last edited by fickel8; 08-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Yea I plan on getting the 5speed gear layout with WRX engraved. Wasnt sure if I wanted the heavyweight though...considering the standard aluminum one is still like twice as heavy as the OEM knob.

I saw where others had alignment issues, but a nut at the right height should help fix that issue. Flossy recommended the boot adapter for me.

Yea I plan on getting the 5speed gear layout with WRX engraved. Wasnt sure if I wanted the heavyweight though...considering the standard aluminum one is still like twice as heavy as the OEM knob.

I saw where others had alignment issues, but a nut at the right height should help fix that issue. Flossy recommended the boot adapter for me.

The standard aluminum weighs LESS than the stock knob.

The stock shift knob is 229 grams (I trust xluben). The aluminum's weigh 190-200g depending on the style.

Anarchy Motive Weighted Spherical Shift Knob Review (WRX 5 Speed)
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fickel8 View Post
    The tape-leg is cooooool, man. I love it!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

That looks good enough to warrant some cold ones!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by fickel8 View Post
    The standard aluminum weighs LESS than the stock knob.

The stock shift knob is 229 grams (I trust xluben). The aluminum's weigh 190-200g depending on the style.

Anarchy Motive Weighted Spherical Shift Knob Review (WRX 5 Speed)
    Thanks, I read somewhere the factory was a different weight. I just might go with the heavyweight in this case...

Thanks, I read somewhere the factory was a different weight. I just might go with the heavyweight in this case...
    It was recommended to me to go w the heavy vs regular by someone else that has both. This is my 1st after market knob on any car and am more than pleased with the weight
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    That looks good enough to warrant some cold ones!
    Yes sir it did! Thanks.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    The tape-leg is cooooool, man. I love it!
    Bahahaha. Yes i hadnt seen that email video yet.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Continental DSW tires

I Support ClubWRX
    Very Nice I was considering flossy before Lathe Werks. Personally I would want The Cheat engraved on the shift knob
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    I'd go for Trogdor... But nice knob!
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.