AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Gauge Install
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Gauge Install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to install the aem ...

AEM UEGO Wideband o2 Gauge Install

Just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction as to how to install the aem uego. Which fuse to tap into switched power and best location to tap in the o2 bung.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You will want a constant power source (like power to your dash clock would work). The best location for the sensor goes on the downpipe after the turbo, but before the cat (in your case you don't have a cat on the downpipe, so as far down the downpipe as the wiring will reach, but before the midpipe). The invidia should have a pre-welded bung for the 02 sensor already.

I Support ClubWRX
    On the GD cars, the clock pod has the easiest wiring to access. In general, though, I recommend the power outlet wiring, as that can handle higher loads than other dash wiring.

Tap the bung in the bellmouth, if possible. My Cobb downpipe had a convenient pre-tapped bung right on top.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

This invidia pipe doesnt come with 2 taps. So should i tap into the wiring of the 12v power or fuse?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.invidia-usa.com/Products.aspx?ProductID=261

is that not the downpipe you have?

Take car to an exhaust shop. Have them weld a bung on (test fit it first so you know where to have them doit). You don't want constant power for the AEM. Just a switched power source and a ground. Buy one fuse tap so you don't have to splice any wires.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Its the invidia downpipe with only 1 o2 bung which is occupied by my regular o2 sensor.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Its the invidia downpipe with only 1 o2 bung which is occupied by my regular o2 sensor.
    Gotcha. Yup, anywhere down stream of the turbo will work, but they put the sensor (invidia I mean) puts it on the bellmouth like in that picture. I personally have mine far enough down to be out of the engine bay. The closer to the turbo, the more heat, the shorter the life of the sensor.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Fuse tap and AEM recommends plugging into the ignition or something with a decent amount of power.

You have to ADD another bung aside from the stock o2 bung on that downpipe.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Anyone know where the fuse for the cigarrete lighter is?
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Look at the back of your fuse panel. I think I used the windows for switched power on mine and its running the Defi boost gauge and my AEM
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Thanks Maus, my gauge will be here on Saturday, will post pics when its installed. Thanks for the help fella's.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    Thanks Maus, my gauge will be here on Saturday, will post pics when its installed. Thanks for the help fella's.
    I plan on getting the AEM UEGO and having the bung welded into the OEM downpipe on my 2014. Is it okay to remove the heatshield and then leave it off? Is it easy to remove the heatshield and leave the pipe on the car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    I plan on getting the AEM UEGO and having the bung welded into the OEM downpipe on my 2014. Is it okay to remove the heatshield and then leave it off? Is it easy to remove the heatshield and leave the pipe on the car?
    I didn't care about making mine look pretty as I knew I would be replacing my stock downpipe eventually (which I did), so I just took my DP off and cut a small square out of the downpipe heatshield and then welded a bung into the pipe as pictured. You will want to take the DP off the car as it will be much easier to work on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast