JCS Triple Gauge Pod and Gauge Install Q's

This is a discussion on JCS Triple Gauge Pod and Gauge Install Q's within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I've got my eyes set on doing a triple gauge pod setup with the JCS A-Pillar on my 13' ...

JCS Triple Gauge Pod and Gauge Install Q's

So I've got my eyes set on doing a triple gauge pod setup with the JCS A-Pillar on my 13' WRX and had some questions regarding it all since it will be my first time doing anything like this. I'm looking at doing all Defi gauges running Boost, Oil Temp, and Oil pressure. Now I've talked to a reputable tuning shop and was told that I would want to run a sandwich plate for Oil Pressure and Oil Temp? I've been doing research and have seen a lot of the "don't do it!" responses regarding the sandwich adapters due to leaks. Is this true or baloney? I really want to get this all done right the first time so I don't run into headaches down the road, especially when it comes to warranty stuff since I'll be doing all my oil changes at the dealer as I have free changes for awhile.

Appreciate all the help and insight guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some recommend the relocation method, (vice sandwich plate adapter). Installing a plug into the top of the block to reference oil pressure. Then install a SS braided line into that plug, where it can be serviced easily. I'm still inquiring myself. Will keep u posted.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Anyone else have any insight? I got back with the shop and was told they use GReddy adapters. When I asked if they have had anyone come back complaining of leaks they assured me they have had zero issues. They even use them on their personal track cars etc.