footwell illumination ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on footwell illumination ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does the blue footwell illumination kit include whats needed to make the radio and Guages blue as well? I dont ...

footwell illumination ?

Does the blue footwell illumination kit include whats needed to make the radio and Guages blue as well? I dont want blue footwell lights band stock red lights everywhere else

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the red footwell illumination kit?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The new 2013 Limited I bought last week came optioned from the dealer with the blue footwell illumination kit. The red dash lights are still red. I was thinking of switching the blue out for red, but it's kinda growing on me despite the upper and lower color difference.
    2013 WRX 5-door PBP Limited

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    Do they sell just the bulb sections or do you have to get the whole kit? Want to change mine to red as well but didn't want to have to buy the whole kit if I didn't have to.
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    Do they sell just the bulb sections or do you have to get the whole kit? Want to change mine to red as well but didn't want to have to buy the whole kit if I didn't have to.
    I'm pretty sure you can get the individual parts through your dealers parts dept.

U have to buy the whole kit. But it's only about $45.

Just installed mine last nite Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	115716

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    Looks a lot better then the blue. Have red led dome and map lights coming too.

Blah blah blah something about penguins blah blah blah
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

Be prepared to be super patient...it's an easy install but can be aggravating. I pulled off the molding under the head unit and unbolted the center console to move it back. The included instructions aren't very good. I used thin twine to pull/guide the wires through the harnesses.

I just bought 2 strip of "FLEX LED" lights, going to be trying to hook them up in both of the foot wells for half the price. Just gotta find where to hardwire them into :-p. Has anybody had experience with this already? I was thinking of using a "fuse tap" but the grounding wire will still need to find a home.

I would splice off of the illumination under the head unit, that's where the oem footwell illumination kit piggybacks off of.

Half the price is only $20-$25...I wouldn't think all that extra pain would be worth it.

:-p likely so. Unfortunately buying the lights strips was an impulse buy when I found out autozone doesnt have plastidip, so planning wasnt really something I.... did. :-p

Lol I hear ya. Probably could use the light strips for a different project, like trunk/hatch lighting

true true. I wonder how the brightness differs. The ones I have are pretty damn bright (and of course more LEDs in a strip) as opposed to the oem ones that look more like a lamp type deal. Are they actually pretty bright down there?

They are about as bright as I would want them at night. They aren't bright enough to be seen during the day. If you want it to be super bright I wouldn't use the oem kit; it's nice having it match the other lights perfectly though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.