footwell illumination ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on footwell illumination ? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Miggs They are about as bright as I would want them at night. They aren't bright enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    They are about as bright as I would want them at night. They aren't bright enough to be seen during the day. If you want it to be super bright I wouldn't use the oem kit; it's nice having it match the other lights perfectly though.
    They are perfect for a subtle accent at night. Don't get them if you are looking for the Fast and the Furious rice look.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

when i got my 12 i had the blue leds in it and didnt like it so i got the kit from gsp. all i did was change out the bulbs and i was good to go. the passenger side was a pain so i took the glove box door off and was good to go. i definatly love the red over the blue.

I ended up hardwiring those red LED light strips I got, and I do NOT recommend it to anyone, haha. Not only did it take forever in finding a good spot to hardwire to (I went for the radio harness 12v), but the vampire clips I bought and the gas spent to get them probably would have added up to the total cost of the OEM ones anyways.
    To add to that, they are suuuuper bright, so I need to now either inline some sort of dimmer on them, or suck it up and go OEM... or keep them red hot. Heres some pics to give a good idea of how they turned out. I may just be able to angle them upward and have that be enough.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illum1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	116025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	illum2.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	116026
    Last edited by breakdancr360; 09-08-2013 at 12:46 PM.

you need to lower the current across the the LEDS, check out how much Current is needed for each LED im guessing 20 mA in series. Then you can use a simple current divider with a potentiometer to get what ever resistance value you want. Id use a 10kOhm resister and a Linearly tapered 10kOhm Pot.

I'm installing my OE illumination today. Driver side is in and all set but the wiring for the passenger side is a PITA. Additionally, the passenger light doesn't seem to want to mount nearly as flush as the driver side. Or maybe I'm missing exactly where the passenger side goes?

EDIT: I didn't like where it wanted me to mount the passenger light so I used the adhesive and mounted below the glove box lever, offset to the left.
    Still have to check it out once it gets dark but really stoked already.
    Slightly unstoked about the amount of effort it took me to feed the wiring to the passenger side.
    Last edited by Zataks; 10-09-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Does anyone have a picture of this kit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12