interior rattle

This is a discussion on interior rattle within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so iv found out my subi is a rattle box. while the car is worming up in the morning it ...

interior rattle

so iv found out my subi is a rattle box. while the car is worming up in the morning it rattles from somewhere in front of the clock, cursing about 40mph it rattles from somewhere in the back. anyone know a good easy way to shut it up other than turning up the radio? if not oh well.....still love the car.

2013 hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My car doesn't worm or curse above 40 mph but there are fixes. If its from the back it is most likely the privacy cover in the hatch. I applied some weatherstripping. Havent had my dash rattle. Yet!

I did some sound deadening & now with the sub blaring at full bass,not a squeak out of the interior.

Check out this thread 2011 Hatch Rattle
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Get used to the fact that you paid 30k for a piece of **** that's a blast to drive, because it performs well.

Solid motor mounts and transmission mount should... change... your rattle situation.

you put Teflon tape or any non-woven tape around the pillars clips

foam tape. lots of foam tape.

yeah i started knocking on stuff and it turns out to be the panel on the hatch. it seems to be only held on by 2 or 3 little clips. ill try and fix it with foam tape this weekend, hopefully that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardwell88 View Post
    yeah i started knocking on stuff and it turns out to be the panel on the hatch. it seems to be only held on by 2 or 3 little clips. ill try and fix it with foam tape this weekend, hopefully that fixes it.
    My dash rattles around 60 MPH, did you ever find a fix for this?

I had a similar sounding rattle in front of the clock at higher speeds. Turns out it was on the exterior plastic piece at the bottom of the windshield that sits below the windshield wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    I had a similar sounding rattle in front of the clock at higher speeds. Turns out it was on the exterior plastic piece at the bottom of the windshield that sits below the windshield wipers.
    Yeah I could see how it could make some noise, did you just put some foam under it?

What was your remedy?

I have already put weatherstripping around my plates to avoid scratching the paint and rattling. I could see using thin weather stripping for the front.

Exactly, I used some small strips of stripping, not solid all the way across though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cool, I will let you know how it works out.