Sparco R100 Seats Installed

This is a discussion on Sparco R100 Seats Installed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just finished installing tonight. Everything is wired in correctly with no airbag faults....

Sparco R100 Seats Installed

Just finished installing tonight. Everything is wired in correctly with no airbag faults.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130607_190013_LLS (576x1024).jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	114431

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Job! They look good.

Another picture. Took a nice long ride today in them. Me likie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130607_185912_LLS.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	114438

They must be making a statement. Had a Nissan Leaf do a red light take off beside me. Before I knew what was going on, dis-belief an electric car was taking me off the line, I hit it after he had 3 car lengths on me. The instant torque on those electric cars must be really good. Wasn't until I hit second gear I went by him. I know he was thinking, "I'm beating a WRX! I'm beating a WRX". It's not like I knew he wanted to drag as I couldn't hear the "tell" of an engine revving up beside me

They have GOT to be more comfortable than the OE seats man... did you get the ones with the lumbar in them? They also look very nice btw... good choice.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Seats look awesome!

No lumbar in the R100 seats, they are nice and tight and I sit at nearly a 90 degree angle out of habit and don't miss the lumbar at all. They do give me what I want in my seat, a snug feeling with good riding position. The seat sits between 1-2 inches lower in the car over the stock WRX seats. This really helps me being 5'11" with better visibility out the front. OG Racing was really pushing me to try out the Milano's and when I sat in them they were just too tight in the hips (like Eric Cartman, I'm big bone ). Tried the Chrono Roads and like the Milano's they are just too wide up top for our little car and top sits against the door pillar.

Will enjoy the R100 this summer and early fall to see if they get more relaxed in the hips after break-in. I noticed from the demo seat on display and talking with the Sparco rep. they do give a little after some seat time. The demo felt a bit wider from all the use in the store. If this works out, I will have them re-upholstered in November in leather and have carbon-fiber heating element installed in them both. My factory seats have heat so I want that feature to carry over to these as well.

With the purchase of donor seat from EBAY for the occupancy sensor, used Sparco drivers bracket, new Sparco passenger bracket, two Sparco sliders, mounting hardware, and two new Sparco R100 seats I'm in for $1000 which is not too bad IMO. To have them redone in November I'm looking at another $1200 if I keep them.

I Support ClubWRX
    those seats look great
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I really won't wory about getting them recovered. That's a lot of money for just asthetics... they look fine as they are IMO.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune