sound deadening the interior floor pan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on sound deadening the interior floor pan within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i am not trying to make my car into a caddy, but has anyone had some side to side ...

sound deadening the interior floor pan

ok i am not trying to make my car into a caddy, but has anyone had some side to side compare of actual peel-n-stick dynomat verses a spray on sound killer? i see a few company's market both. and for the money the spray on definitely covers a hole lot more for the buck. way easier to get into places like upper floor pan under the petals too. but if it doesnt work so good for ease of install ill take apart my interior and lay down the mat. i am only tring to curb the road noise not kill it but if i need a hole floor of dynomat so be it! i have already finished the doors in Boom Mat(from DEI) and it helped alot, but the cost! GAAH!! it just sounds like the spray would be so much nicer to work with. I have the DEI products readily available through a store here locally so thats what ive been using. taking recommendations for sure!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've dynomated the entire floor of a '05 STi and for the amount of work it required I think the outcome was disappointing. It's not a difficult job, nor is it messy which I would suspect the foam would be? I'd go with whichever product has proven itself to cancel out the most noise as removing your interior is a job you only want to do once.
    2010 WRB WRX

man thats something i havent even considered, let alone what will happen(yes, most likely will with my car) when i do remove most of the interior for sound deadening. i have used one can of spray on a loooong time ago for a different purpose and its kind of like bed liner. sticky, then dried with a texture. yup. messy cleanup too. great results or no i am hopefully only going to do this once. just once really good if you did the hole floor and got no where near the results hoped for. maybe its not as bad as i think lol

I Support ClubWRX
    The largest uninsulated echoic chamber is the boot. Consider doing that first and see if there are gains there. Also figure out how to do the wheel wells. Might be simpler yet effective. Just guessing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

iv been wondering about this too. none of those mats are cheap and i dont want to do all that work for little to no result.

Do the entire trunk. Lid/inside quarters/wheel wells/entire trunk floor.
    Then do under the rear seats/floor in the cabin.

I have my floor/all 4 doors/ and almost 2 layers in my entire trunk and the difference is quite impressive.
    Doesn't sound like a rattling tin can.

Spray on sound deadner is great for doing inside fenders/fender liners and in the exhaust "cut-outs" underneath the trunk.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.