Boost Gauge installation?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge installation? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2009 WRX and i am planning on buying a prosport halo boost gauge. I have been reading ...

Boost Gauge installation?

I have a 2009 WRX and i am planning on buying a prosport halo boost gauge. I have been reading all about the installation process but frankly i cant find any decent videos or pictures with the explanations. My main questions are, does the vacuum line T into the line before the bypass valve? With the supplied harness will i be able to wire the gauge straight to my stock gauges? And lastly, when zeroing out the gauge, should the gauge read zero when at idle?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You want the T connected to an engine manifold pressure source that is downstream from the throttle body. At idle the gauge will read negative (vacuum). You will need to wire it into a constant power source (such as your clock or you could connect directly to your battery).

alright thats whats what i thought! at what point should the gauge read zero? Im obviously new to gauges and want to know all i can before installing it

I Support ClubWRX
    The gauge would read zero somewhere in between the time you are not running boost and when you are running boost

It reads zero when ignition is on and engine not running. At that point intake press is same as atmospheric , i.e. zero as far as vacuum/vs charge from turbo. Until the running engine comes into boost there will be vacuum, just like any N/A engine, during boost there is actually air being actively blown into the engine, that's where the more fuel is needed and more power is generated. And that's also where head gaskets, pistons, rods, etc go bye-bye if things are not made right.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

OCD has one of the best DIY boost gauge install threads. With great pictures. Shoudl help you out.

SMY and Defi Gauges install - great pics if you want them! - NASIOC

Thanks everyone! Very helpful!! Cant wait to get back to the states and install!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.