boost gauge install questions

This is a discussion on boost gauge install questions within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello Everyone, So i bought a Prosport 52mm Premium gauge last week and i had a question or two: First ...

Registered User MercWithaMouth41's Avatar

boost gauge install questions

Hello Everyone,

So i bought a Prosport 52mm Premium gauge last week and i had a question or two:

First Ill show how i ran the boost lines with a few pics i took. (me and my friend cut the t connector down on both sides a bit with a pair of dykes)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	113478

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	113479

Now i ran in line hose through the firewall where i have the boost sender up near the wiring harnesses off to the right of the dead pedal. (temporary)

Heres the big question. I ran into some doubts in regards to mounting the gauge as well as if im going to wire it to the fuse box or elsewhere, So until all doubts are removed about this im going to hold off finishing the installation. Now will this be ok if i have the boost line setup all the way to the boost sender but not have the gauge itself wired up? Also i would greatly appreciate and input or advice as to wiring and mounting of the gauge. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes. That is fine, I did the same this last week until my a pillar gauge pod came in.

2011 SWP Hatch boost gauge install

Here's the link I used to help me install mine, it help alot.