Seat Belt Chime When Buckled
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Seat Belt Chime When Buckled within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Earlier today, I managed to drop a cup of water and it spilled allover me and unfortunately my car(12 WRX). ...

Seat Belt Chime When Buckled

Earlier today, I managed to drop a cup of water and it spilled allover me and unfortunately my car(12 WRX). At first nothing was wrong, except for the whole wetness of the seat thing. After I got off work I started heading home and about half way, my seat-belt light came on and the chime started blaring. My belt is buckled. I tried many combinations of starting the car buckled and unbuckled as well as the the many click disable method. Nothing has worked as of yet.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if you have, what did you do to fix it? I have already looked at all the connections to make sure that everything is plugged in. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. I would like to avoid a trip to the dealer because the closest one is an hour away and they are very mod unfriendly. I figured that they would some how blame my boost and afr gauge and leave me with a diag(do nothing) bill and the time for the trip.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know if maybe taking a hair dryer to where the buckle snaps in and drying would help it sounds like the water has shorted it out some how. Good luck

That was what I was afraid of. It happened around 6 hours ago. I'm going to let it sit and see if it manages to dry itself out some more. I almost can't stand to drive the damn thing because of the chime.

Hey just wanted to check and see if your seatbelt chime stopped going all the time?

Yeah, I waited over night and it managed to dry itself out. I promptly disabled the chime, just in case the buckle was still messed up. I haven't had an issue since then. I haven't had my battery pulled since then though, so I don't know if it corrected itself, or if it is just disabled.

do the mod for seatbelt chime delete.

see here:

HOW TO: Turn seat belt chime off all Subaru models - YouTube

solved
    2012 Dark Grey Metallic STi

"Drive Hard. Look Good. Be Loud. Get some."
    you

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.