Head Unit | Bluetooth Settings | HF Volume

This is a discussion on Head Unit | Bluetooth Settings | HF Volume within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 DGM 5 Door and one thing that has been killing me, is the inability to change ...

I Support ClubWRX

Head Unit | Bluetooth Settings | HF Volume

I have a 2013 DGM 5 Door and one thing that has been killing me, is the inability to change the default HF Volume (Hands Free) from level 8 to about level 3.

When I receive a bluetooth call, I have to very quickly hit the "-" button on the steering wheel, to get the volume down to a non ear-busting level. And it's the same way with every call!

I have the stock radio with no GPS or touch screen.

Thanks for any help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the same problem. I ended up just getting a brand new HU. Unfortunately that's going to cost you.

I believe I looked to change the default volume before and could not find any way to change it.

I would still recommend changing the HU tho. Sound quality goes up 10x.
    Subaru WRX 2011 Spark Silver Metallic

Do you guys have this problem also? When Bluetooth is not selected, my iPhone is silent (even when not on vibrate mode) and the car gives no sound of the phone. The only way to hear my phone calls or notifications is if the radio is in bta mode.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ugh ... Well, looks like a new HU is in order when $$'s permit. The amp & sub I added really, really helped. Was hoping to stay with the stock head unit.

Doesn't look like Subaru knows either.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    Do you guys have this problem also? When Bluetooth is not selected, my iPhone is silent (even when not on vibrate mode) and the car gives no sound of the phone. The only way to hear my phone calls or notifications is if the radio is in bta mode.
    This is actually a setting on your iPhone. Settings -> Bluetooth -> WhateveryourHUiscalled -> Flip the switch. I don't know what the exact setting is right now as you need to be connected to the HU to do it but it works for me. Sometimes.

I Support ClubWRX
    A new HU is the best solution $ permitting.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Too new for mods.

I just changed the HU in my 2011 and when they say it changes the sound by 10x, they are lying...it's more like 20x..such a better sound. No need to change speakers out as of now..such a big difference !!!!!

What head unit did you install? Did you do it yourself or have an audio shop do it. I'm looking to upgrade my '13 WRX.

Delnari,
    I replaced it with a pioneer 1400dvd, I did it myself, along with a relay for the e brake bypass..so much better sounding

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbullrage13 View Post
    Delnari,
    I replaced it with a pioneer 1400dvd, I did it myself, along with a relay for the e brake bypass..so much better sounding
    Is there an online install guide I can use? Would like to do the same, but need some help getting there.