Can you change the color of the instrument cluster on 08+ WRX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Can you change the color of the instrument cluster on 08+ WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; While running....

While running.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Love this... A lot.. I'll leave the engine overheat red though

Sent from my iPhone

What LEDs did you use for the instrument cluster? I have a customer that would like this done to his 14 WRX, and i am capable of the job i just dont know what LEDs to use! thanks!!

and how did you get the cluster needles off the get at the LEDS? i do not want to break it lol
    Last edited by Epictofer; 07-09-2014 at 05:48 AM.

OK im a little confused. Im a subaru service advisor/technician so i am capable of doing this, its just for a customer so i cant have the needles bouncing all over and they need to be accurate. Couldnt i mark (with tape) where the needles sit prior to removing them, to make sure they go back in the same possition? and i dont really understand what you mean by the calibration. Thanks for all the help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Epictofer View Post
    OK im a little confused. Im a subaru service advisor/technician so i am capable of doing this, its just for a customer so i cant have the needles bouncing all over and they need to be accurate. Couldnt i mark (with tape) where the needles sit prior to removing them, to make sure they go back in the same possition? and i dont really understand what you mean by the calibration. Thanks for all the help in advance
    From what I understand the led are behind the cluster and may or may not be in the needles. You should have a basic understand of soldering if trying this
    Stinkeye member 520

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123