E brake mods???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on E brake mods??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Has anyone done any mods to their E brakes. I like rippin around having fun and doing a little sliding ...

Question E brake mods???

Has anyone done any mods to their E brakes. I like rippin around having fun and doing a little sliding when i get a chance. Is there any mods i can do to my E brake to make it more "drift" capable?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Buy a new car that isn't AWD and mod it to be a drifter.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

The ebrakes are drum style...so they aren't made for drift performance...

And on top of that.......it's a symmetrical all wheel drive system. Kinda bad when you stop one axle from spinning, while the other one is going. Think about that...your center diff now hates you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    Has anyone done any mods to their E brakes. I like rippin around having fun and doing a little sliding when i get a chance. Is there any mods i can do to my E brake to make it more "drift" capable?
    Yes.

The best option is to switch to a proper "fly off" hand brake, as used in rallye.

You ideally want no button and no notches; the lever moves freely up/down. This is very feasible since the parts exist.

The only question I have is whether you can get fly off functionality without switching to a hydraulic brake. I would think you could adapt a no button, no.ratchet lever.

Look for the competition parts for GrA or even GrN.

I am not concerned about your center diff, because mine is fine. Yours will likely be damaged with repeated locks.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-12-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    because racecar brah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Buy a new car that isn't AWD and mod it to be a drifter.
    As harsh as this sounds, he's right. It's an AWD car designed for maximum grip. If you want to slide around and have fun the best I can recommend would be to try rallycross with the car. Throw some cheap snow tires on some beater wheels and have at it.

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Im not building a damn drift car. I dont want a drift car.
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

then what is your intentions of making it more "drift capable" if u dont want to drift?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Then stop asking about mods to drift your WRX.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    It was just a simple question. If this is your entertainment you are a ****ing loser. Get a life. I was just curious to see if anything has been done of if it even can be.
    You got the answer: yes, but it will leave your diff susceptible to damage.

Although being ribbed is not fun, personal insults are against the rules.

I suggest you discuss a fly off and maybe a spare diff, and everyone keeps this civil.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

You really took the time out of your day to find that picture and post it instead of moving on. Or do you just have a collection waiting so you can be a smart ass on the forums.

Its simply to just play around. Is that not cool to you guys?

I Support ClubWRX
    Turning brakes are very common on rally prepped vehicles.

Is your vehicle fully rally-prepped? Do you have a pit crew on hand with spare drivetrains and engines? No? Oh, nevermind then.

Here's an article on the concept though. I've driven a RWD ATV with open rear diff, and you literally pivot on the locked wheel.
    Cutting Brakes - 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Im just curious how the rally guys do it. Thanks SD for giving me a little to go on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast