WeatherTech mats or Husky Liners?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WeatherTech mats or Husky Liners? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm probably gonna replace the factory rubber mats in my 2013 WRX. Anyone got opinions on which way to go? ...

WeatherTech mats or Husky Liners?

I'm probably gonna replace the factory rubber mats in my 2013 WRX. Anyone got opinions on which way to go? WeatherTech or Husky Liners? Can anyone post a pic if they have it in their car?

Thanks,
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Jason
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue 5dr-- TurboXS Catback, Forcewerks Front Lip, STI STS, 20% tint, 18x9.5 +34 Miro 398 with a 255 tire.
    1987 Ford Mustang 5.0-- Stock S/D 5.0, 150 nitrous, full drag suspension, 2900lbs with me in the car.... hanging tires since 2005. 11.97 @ 115mph with a 1.54 60ft

I second the weathertech mats. They are pretty great. I'll try and snap some pictures of them tomorrow for ya if nobody else does.

I need to get some ordered.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

i have the weathertech liners in the front and they do a great job. the sides are very tall and act as a bucket for snow/water/mudd to sit in

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the Weathertechs too. They work great to keep the snow & water off the carpets. My only issue is that they seem to loose color after a while. I suppose its the same for any rubber mat.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

How well do weathertech hold up against people with heavy heels? The last pair of all weathers I had, my heels just wore through
    '14 SWP STI

I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately or fortunately I don't wear heels. So I have no clue. But they have stood up to my winter boots. The OEM mats on the other hand in my wife's car have an indentation right where the right heel rests.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I bought a Weather tech rear hatch liner for my Toyota and while it was well made, I had to cut it to fit, and if I put the seats down it slid all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Unfortunately or fortunately I don't wear heels. So I have no clue. But they have stood up to my winter boots. The OEM mats on the other hand in my wife's car have an indentation right where the right heel rests.
    Guess I should have made it more clear. I'm not talking woman heels. I'm talking about the heel of my foot. I wear size 12's and I just have a heavy heel that rubs the floormats a lot while I'm driving. I could always reinforce the bottom but I got the impression weathertech's were pretty thin and my heel would wear right through them if I don't reinforce
    '14 SWP STI

i love the weathertechs, have had them in all of my past cars. my only gripe with the weathertechs are that they are a bit thin, would prefer a nice thick rubber over the thin plastic that weathertech uses

Jsut a tidbit related to thickness since im 95% sure I'm picking up a set of weathertechs next month adn wear combat booots every day, so can't have thin weeny floor mats:

If I didn't need them to be thick all-weather monsters, I'd get these, they are definitely thinner but look to fit laser-perfect. link - Digital Fit

I will be picking these up, for the aforementioned reasons, most definitely NOT thin. link - All-Weather

So there ya go... if I were a civilian with tennis or dress shoes, probably the thin ones, but I'm not so all-weather thick ones it is!

you should go with the OEM mats for a thicker mat. on 70$ or so too. and they have a nice subaru emblem on them too

I'll take a look at em, but so far I've owned it for a week and change, and there's a flattened depression under my heel on factory carpeted mats. I'd hate to wear a hole through them and then start on the actual carpet.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love my WeatherTechs but I do notice a spot where the heel of my booth has worn down a little. With the rear floormats I had to trim a few pieces off (they seem to be more of universal set in the back) them fit which is not a problem.

If I were to do it again I would get the digital floor mats they appear to keep the carpet cleaner.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 05-21-2013 at 07:53 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.