Steering Wheels for 2012 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Steering Wheels for 2012 WRX within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx My bad. So let me get this straight. I'm paying 0 for this? Yup, my thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    My bad. So let me get this straight. I'm paying $600 for this?
    Yup, my thoughts exactly. Group-buy, buy used, or no-go for me... go fast goodies come first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    My bad. So let me get this straight. I'm paying $600 for this?

I'd still rather get a hammer.
    Smaller circumference would mean less turn to achieve the same wheel turn. Yada yada yada...oh who am I kidding? The thing looks pretty cool though I must admit.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the way the way it feels, it has a larger grip area which feels good. Yeah the price is steep but if I can find a decent deal I'm going to jump on it. I've found an online dealer selling them 465, which still aint cheap. I thought JPM Coachworks used the Gtspec wheel but the one they offer looks different now.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    I like the way the way it feels, it has a larger grip area which feels good. Yeah the price is steep but if I can find a decent deal I'm going to jump on it. I've found an online dealer selling them 465, which still aint cheap. I thought JPM Coachworks used the Gtspec wheel but the one they offer looks different now.
    JPM will wrap any wheel for you. It is cheaper if you send your wheel in. Also, the price they quote on their website includes the wheel, and if you send them your original I am pretty sure you get a large amount of money back (they reuse them for future wrap/resale).

I have the prova and love it. It's the best mod I've done. When I put my 11 wrx stg2 e85 back to stock and got my 13 sti the prova wheel is the only think I cared to keep for the new car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Went with the Gtspec. I got a fantastic deal from Zinkai and couldn't pass it up. Also decided to pull the trigger on a suede interior ( headliner, all the pillars, sun visors and a few other spots). I'll do a write up on it this weekend once it's finished. I don't get why Subaru uses two different interior colors ( pillars/headliners) for the wrx/sti.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Went with the Gtspec. I got a fantastic deal from Zinkai and couldn't pass it up. Also decided to pull the trigger on a suede interior ( headliner, all the pillars, sun visors and a few other spots). I'll do a write up on it this weekend once it's finished. I don't get why Subaru uses two different interior colors ( pillars/headliners) for the wrx/sti.
    The interior of my STi is all the same color (stock). Can't wait to see the pics of your new swag!

If you don't mind me asking, how good of a deal did you get on the GTspec?

I Support ClubWRX
    Howdy Black, I got the wheel for 450$. It was the last one they had in red stitching, but I believe they have a few in blue if you're interested. I also just snagged some Zerosport 4 pot brakes and slotted dual rotors.....looks like ramen noodles for a month haha! Ill do a nice write up over the weekend.
    Last edited by carnevino; 03-12-2013 at 05:56 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    i thought you could keep the steering wheel controls with the gt spec?
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    i thought you could keep the steering wheel controls with the gt spec?
    It does!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just got home from driving with the new wheel. 1st you'll notice the smaller diameter immediately, but not in a bad way...just different. This wheel has a LOT of shapes, which so far I really like. After paying for it I kinda had buyers remorse but after using it I can honestly say it was worth it. Starting on my interior tomorrow along with the sti turn signals swap and then the new brakes.....busy busy weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.