A pillar rattle 2011 wrx

This is a discussion on A pillar rattle 2011 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Cold weather brings a nasty rattle on right a pillar. Has anyone removed cover and put something on the inside ...

A pillar rattle 2011 wrx

Cold weather brings a nasty rattle on right a pillar. Has anyone removed cover and put something on the inside to stop the rattle? What did you use, and is it easy to remove covet? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pillars should actually pop right off. Just takes a little coaxing. My whole car rattles, so I couldn't pinpoint one particular place to search, so I just play my music loud.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by davesp2 View Post
    Cold weather brings a nasty rattle on right a pillar. Has anyone removed cover and put something on the inside to stop the rattle? What did you use, and is it easy to remove covet? Thanks for any help.
    I have and it help for a while and then it rattles again. Like you said it only happens in cold weather. I find that if i turn the heat on full and put it to defrost for five/ten minutes then it heats up enough for the rattle to go away. Either that or you could cram some kind of rubber in the crack (haha) between the dash and A-pillar.

All new cars seem to rattle in the cold, well at least normal consumer cars. Ive just gotten used to it.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Pillars should actually pop right off. Just takes a little coaxing. My whole car rattles, so I couldn't pinpoint one particular place to search, so I just play my music loud.
    +1

I Support ClubWRX
    Just me ,but I'd disconnect the negative terminal of the battery first before taking the A pillar trim off just to be safe & not trigger the airbag.

It is just a single bolt on the top behind the small cover. Do not use a screw driver to take that cover off as you can easily scratch the trim. Use something plastic if you do not have a trim removal tool.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The A pillar in my '11 sedan rattles like an SOB (as well as the trim piece that is under my rear window). I figured I had a warranty so I might as well take it in and have the dealer look at it. They said they were aware of certain areas that make noise and that they would take care of it... 3 hours later the car rattles worse than when I took it in.
    2011 WRX Premium Sedan Spark Silver - SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP Stage 1, Cobb intake and box

I have an '11 sedan an it rattled since I can remember. Although, the nameless performance muffler delete + invidia downpipe + music barely makes it noticeable.

Speaking of newer cars making noise, my friend has 2011 Raptor and you should hear that thing squeak.... even on the flattest of roads.