Windows do not roll up at the same speed - please check

View Poll Results: Do your windows go up the same speed? If not, which one is slower?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • both front windows roll up the same speed

10 21.28%
  • both rear windows roll up the same speed

9 19.15%
  • one of the front windows is slower than the other

35 74.47%
  • one of the rear windows is slower than the other

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Windows do not roll up at the same speed - please check within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Everyone, My first post. I just got a '13 WRX this week and noticed that the windows do not ...

Hi Everyone,

My first post. I just got a '13 WRX this week and noticed that the windows do not roll up at the same speed. For example, if I lower both front windows and pull up on the switch to roll them up, the passenger-side window is slower than the passenger side. Conversely, the rear driver window rolls up slower than the passenger side rear window. Can you guys check your cars and let me know if yours is the same way? (It would also be good if you can state the model year.) I appreciate it. Thanks!
    Last edited by Betlog; 02-20-2013 at 08:10 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My '11 hatch is the same way when I try to do multiple windows. Even when I do one, it seems much slower than a typical vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Seriously????

**** dude, that's a big issue. Subaru put out an urgent recall that if this issue occurred in the 2013s, you had a major risk of an engine fire. Might want to get it checked out.

sike.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Seriously????

**** dude, that's a big issue. Subaru put out an urgent recall that if this issue occurred in the 2013s, you had a major risk of an engine fire. Might want to get it checked out.

sike.
    I know it might not be a big deal but this is my first Subaru. From my recollection, all my previous cars' windows rolled up the same speed (Acura, Honda, Toyota). So to me, it feels weird. I just want to know if this is normal or not.

Sounds like your window turbo chargers need a protune.

^^^^^^^ Made me laugh

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. lOl.

I noticed in my different vehicles over the years that often the speed differs when moving one window vs several at the same time. I think there's limited power available and when several move at the same time they're slower... Really, that's totally not something to get worked up over...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Registered User Sheleileigh Law's Avatar
    I had a similar issue on my 2013 - the back passenger window was really s-l-o-w and they lubed it and it's fine. Bring it in - easy-peasy fix. You paid for a new car it should be perfect.

Hope you get that taken care of and you enjoy your car!

Could be dirt in the rails, had the same problem with mine.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Honestly I haven't checked on my '13 WRX, but I noticed this on my wife's '11 Subaru Outback since new, I was semi concerned at first but In reality I haven't lost a single night of sleep over it and after 2.5 years with the car none of the windows have quit working.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

I actually just noticed this issue a few days ago at the gas station. I have a 2013 limited sedan that I got last month. For me its the passenger side window has been noticeably slower on rollup, going to see how it operates the next week or two might have to bring it to the dealer to get greased, but might just wait until my first oil change as long as it doesn't die- does anyone know if the window motor is covered under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    I had a similar issue on my 2013 - the back passenger window was really s-l-o-w and they lubed it and it's fine. Bring it in - easy-peasy fix. You paid for a new car it should be perfect.

Hope you get that taken care of and you enjoy your car!
    Thanks. Mine is not that slow. It's just that one goes up faster than the other. After the lube, do both windows go up the same speed now?

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine roll up at different rates, as well...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

When you operate more than one window at the same time you are drawing more load so you will have a drop in voltage which inturn will slow the windows down. If the load goes up (amps) the voltage drops. Its not getting to the point of blowing a fuse but that's what I think is happening. Just a thought.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.