Windows do not roll up at the same speed - please check - Page 4

View Poll Results: Do your windows go up the same speed? If not, which one is slower?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • both front windows roll up the same speed

10 21.28%
  • both rear windows roll up the same speed

9 19.15%
  • one of the front windows is slower than the other

35 74.47%
  • one of the rear windows is slower than the other

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Windows do not roll up at the same speed - please check within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law Me too, I hate auto windows, I hate auto anything pretty much - how hard ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sheleileigh Law View Post
    Me too, I hate auto windows, I hate auto anything pretty much - how hard is it to roll up a window "oh god it's killing me!!!!" I mean, honestly ... more crap to go wrong too
    To be honest with you...Auto up is a great thing IMO, especially on the driver side simply for...wait for it...taking off out of a toll booth, while you have a manual transmission. When you take off, you're ripping through gears obviously. You need a hand on the wheel, and one shifting obviously, so Auto-up is awesome. Especially on those cold or rainy days.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My first 3 cars, all relics of the '70's, were hand crank windows, and I have it today in my Ranger. I guess I'm kind of indifferent to it...and that being the case, it may as well be power windows. Can't think of a reason not to have it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

To revive an old thread, I took my car back in october to get my driver side window checked out. It was rolling VERY slow. Took it to my dealership to get checked out, and they noticed it as well. They wanted to blame the tinting, but I went through the same tint company they recommend going to. So they lubed everything up and everything was fine for a couple months.

I noticed my window was slow once again. I brought it in to get checked out, and now they're saying it's the tint (the tint added thickness and with the tight parameters of the windows, the motor may get worn out).

So basically, the dealership wants me to remove my tint and then get it checked out afterwards. The tint guy said that if it turns out that the tint wasn't the original problem, then he's going to need to be compensated for the time/materials. Luckily my dealership is working with the tint company and will cover me if it turns out that it wasn't the tint.

bleh.

I had crank windows in my '97 Tacoma and after having that truck for 11 years and then getting a car with auto windows i'll never go back to hand crank windows again lol
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

I find that lubing the window seals is a regular maintenance item. About every 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbigcog View Post
    I find that lubing the window seals is a regular maintenance item. About every 6-8 weeks.
    Only on Subarus? I never had an issue with my Toyota.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

My previous car was a Mazda3....no issues there. Maybe Subaru has different tolerances/seal configuration.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well over the life of a car I'm sure statistically the front window motors get far more than twice as much use as the rear.. and the drivers side front probably more than twice the passenger side... Think how many times it's only a driver, plus going through tolls, drive-thrus, etc.

I have always just assumed they use cheaper/weaker motors in the rear and possibly the front passenger side as opposed to the drivers window. Over millions of vehicles I'm sure it would present a significant savings in production by using cheaper motors on the less used windows...and savings in warranty coverage by ensuring the drivers side is beefier.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

2013 WRX hatch. I rolled my driver's side window last night and it wouldn't go up. Finally, after a bunch of tries, it would go up 2", down 1" up 3", etc, and after about 3 minutes it was up all the way. Granted it was 4 degrees outside in CT. But WTF, that's ridiculous for a 2013.

I also have the problem of the passenger side window not going up quick. It's very noticeable. Feels like the seals are holding back the window.
    '14 SWP STI

A 2013, potentially 2 years old, can (and very well may) have condensation in the gear box of the drive, making it go sluggish at these temps. See if it gets better when parking in a garage or when temps are a bit higher. If it actually fails, go back to warranty.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234