STi Cupholder Console swap in a 08+ WRX! :)

This is a discussion on STi Cupholder Console swap in a 08+ WRX! :) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Saw how much nicer a sliding cup holder console is in the STi compared to the WRX's, so i bought ...

STi Cupholder Console swap in a 08+ WRX! :)

Saw how much nicer a sliding cup holder console is in the STi compared to the WRX's, so i bought merely two items from the STi Center console off of subarupartsdepot.com, i think for around $150, and found out that some modification is required.

HERE IS THE FINISHED PRODUCT + what ive been working on the past week along with the cupholder!
    fitment seems pretty solid with some modifications.

the old and the new!

I will post more photos up of what i had to modify and how everything was installed.

I also relocated the Seat Heater switches and it looks stock to me, they are just rotated as they wouldnt fit facing the other way.

Let me know what you guys think of this mod!

havent decided what todo with the SI drive hole yet. will make a coin holder eventually or order a legacy one. this works for now

also i got the JDM arm rest extension using the stock armrest top. now its really an armrest!

i will eventually get a STI shifter surround if i find one for the right price. as for now, it fits quite well and doesnt look butchered or anything at all!

let me know what you guys think of the cupholder or bride fabric!
    i got the parts from http://subarupartsdepot.com/ thru All Vehicles - 2009 - SUBARU - IMPREZA - WRX STI - BODY HARDWARE - CONSOLE

i bought numbers 13 and 14. i didnt buy the cupholder inserts as i dont feel they are neccesary anyway. you could also buy the shifter surround which i beleive is another 65 dollars.

I just wrote a DIY on how to install Side Badge's that LIGHT UP! for the 08+'s if anyones interested

Side Badge Signal Indicators! DIY illuminated side badges!
    Last edited by rfj880; 02-22-2013 at 04:49 AM. Reason: MORE PICTURES :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like fun...Good luck!

I think that will look good. Post some pics. when you can and a how to. I like the sliding cover. Does it look like alot of modification?

I'd like to know how to do this.

awesome
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

I wonder... since I have the armrest extension... if I put a taller glass in the rear cup holder the top hits the extension...

If you look at the STi one... they moved the seat warmer buttons and moved the cup holders back further... so I would think that with the Sti console the rear cup holder would be useless with the arm rest extension
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...

sorry i havent responded in a while. ill post up pictures later tonight im finished with my center console interior mod's for now. i havent tested out my cup holders, but at the most ill have a snapple bottle or gatorade in there so its not going to be too high and hit the armrest extension. i just got the JDM armrest extension in the mail. ill put pictures of that too!

Awesome. Been looking into doing this myself... Happen to have all the part numbers needed so I don't order the wrong stuff?
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

i got the parts from Subaru Parts - Subaru Parts Depot thru All Vehicles - 2009 - SUBARU - IMPREZA - WRX STI - BODY HARDWARE - CONSOLE

i bought numbers 13 and 14. i didnt buy the cupholder inserts as i dont feel they are neccesary anyway. you could also buy the shifter surround which i beleive is another 65 dollars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Great info. thanks! Where did you get the bride dress up kit? That looks great!
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

Very nicely done. Bride covers are a nice touch.
    2012 Limited Black Pearl WRX
    My Build to Destruction
    52 Week Project

I'm also interested in knowing how to do this!