2011 WRX Weight Reduction

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Weight Reduction within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm taking my car to the track next weekend and was wondering how I could cut weight. I calculated removing ...

2011 WRX Weight Reduction

I'm taking my car to the track next weekend and was wondering how I could cut weight. I calculated removing ~11lbs is equivalent to adding 1 HP. So if I could remove 100 or 200 pounds it would be like adding 10-20 HP. Anyways I do not want to do anything crazy as this is my DD, not track car. If there is another thread on this topic with some ideas please link it, I couldn't find it.
    - 2011 WRB WRX Premium Hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    Remove your spare tires and tools.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Remove seats, gut the trunk.. that's the quickest/easiest.

For further weight reduction -- AnorexicSTI - 05 STI Lightweight w/ "full interior" - 2660lbs - 62 lbs to 2598! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Diet?

or just track it as you would drive it on the street. that way you know what it can really do on the day to day. just my opinion is all. good luck removing stuff!

I Support ClubWRX
    Gas is heavy. Just don't use gas.

I removed everything out of the trunk including spare tire, glovebox, console box, under seats, behind seats, floormats. Put it on a scale, about 60 lbs worth of stuff. Probably gained 5 lbs. with helmet on, so say +5hp equivalent, and made track tech inspectors happy when they saw my empty trunk !!!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Gas is heavy. Just don't use gas.

It may sound silly, but any serious drag racer only runs on E. Take a small gas can to the track with you to give it a little sip of fuel after each pass.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Remove seats, gut the trunk.. that's the quickest/easiest.

For further weight reduction -- AnorexicSTI - 05 STI Lightweight w/ "full interior" - 2660lbs - 62 lbs to 2598! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo058 View Post
    I removed everything out of the trunk including spare tire, glovebox, console box, under seats, behind seats, floormats. Put it on a scale, about 60 lbs worth of stuff. Probably gained 5 lbs. with helmet on, so say +5hp equivalent, and made track tech inspectors happy when they saw my empty trunk !!!
    It may sound silly, but any serious drag racer only runs on E. Take a small gas can to the track with you to give it a little sip of fuel after each pass.

That^^

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha yeah that is what I was implying

Yeah I never had more than an 8th of a tank when I was drag racing.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying