Easy to scratch interior trim? Anyone else notice?

This is a discussion on Easy to scratch interior trim? Anyone else notice? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; First day I had my '13 WRX I put a 1/2 inch scratch in the gun metal colored trim on ...

Easy to scratch interior trim? Anyone else notice?

First day I had my '13 WRX I put a 1/2 inch scratch in the gun metal colored trim on the drivers door, the part that the switches for the windows are in and the pull handle. Not even sure how I did it as I normally don't wear a watch or have anything sharp in my hands.

Anyway, my wife got in the pass seat today and I heard the seat belt slap something on the door when she put it on. Looked over later after she got out and saw a new scratch on the passenger side. She didn't do it on purpose, and it barely hit it but damn it kind of ticks me off that Subaru puts this cheap painted trim in a place prone to being scuffed, scrapped or scratched.

Im going to find out how much a new piece is from the dealer, after that I'm going to use some of that clear iPad screen protector film to protect it in the future. Just giving you guys a heads up.
    Last edited by Pool Runner; 01-16-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    Current vehicles:

2013 WRX Sedan, Base, SWP, Wingless
    2011 Outback, Premium, 2.5i, CVT , SWP
    2011 Ford F-150, SuperCab, XLT, 5.0L, V8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the same issue man. The grey paint on the door handle is has also scratched for me since I always like to keep my cell phone in there. Was thinking of applying some clear protective layer on there as well. Let me know what you end up doing and how it works out for you.

Same exact issue for me

That and the scuffs on the door and trim near where the door closes. It comes off with some armor all but rubber from shoes is awful on these doors. I dont even notice I am doing it and make a conscious effort to avoid it.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

I recently purchased some vinyl sheets to put in the sensitive spots. i just bought matte black sheets, but you could always go with some color to spice up the interior, color matched to exterior. or red to match the dials maybe. you can also buy clear film instead of buying that expensive ipad film. $30 will fige you ~5-6 feet of vinyl sheets

I Support ClubWRX
    My interior looks like ****... So yea.. the paint rubs off really easily and it's this cheap milky looking white plastic underneath. I transported tired in the back which rubbed the paint off the door trim within a month of owning the car.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

I will end up taking those painted pieces off and either upholstering them to match the door arms rest or use some sort of spray liner on them.