Defi Red Racer Boost Gauge Help for a Noob.

This is a discussion on Defi Red Racer Boost Gauge Help for a Noob. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay, So I got a good deal on a defi red racer boost gauge used on ebay ( original owner ...

Okay, So I got a good deal on a defi red racer boost gauge used on ebay ( original owner sold his car ), but anyways...I'm going to buy the smy gauge cluster to mount it. I have done an endless amount of research on installing it, I think I've got everything figured out pretty well except for exactly where to install the "t" fitting (which I will need to buy because he had it on an audi which used a special fitting). Does anybody have a good picture that could point it out to me or a link to one?
    The car is a 2013 wrx. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Here you go.

Make sure it comes with the wiring harness.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Here you go.

Make sure it comes with the wiring harness.

Thank you! I asked about the wiring harness and he said it is included.
    One other quick question, can I get to this without removing the intercooler?
    Last edited by thegamer1587; 12-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't need to remove the IC for this. You may need to remove the IC to get the sending wire through the firewall into the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

From what I have read going through the driver side fender is easier, so I think I will go that route. I installed rally armour flaps a few weeks ago so I'm familiar with working on the inner fender liner.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    From what I have read going through the driver side fender is easier, so I think I will go that route. I installed rally armour flaps a few weeks ago so I'm familiar with working on the inner fender liner.
    Sounds good. I had power wire for the amp running that route which is why I used the location behind the IC.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-28 16.30.35.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	110650
    I keep telling myself I'm done spending money on mods.....then I keep finding these deals, 120 shipped.
    Last week I picked up a invidia q300 catback barely used for 450, I love good deals!

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Yep, that's going to be the easiest way on the 3rd gens. It's the way I ran all my wiring for gauges and lights switches.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......