Need some quick help with oil press gauge.

This is a discussion on Need some quick help with oil press gauge. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i want to install an oil pressure gauge in the gallery plug under the alternator. Having a little trouble ...

Need some quick help with oil press gauge.

So i want to install an oil pressure gauge in the gallery plug under the alternator. Having a little trouble locating it though, is this the stock oil sensor in these 2 pics? (in the red circle).

Question 2: I have noticed everyone say they had to remove the alternator. Can't i get to it without removing the alternator if i just move the radiator hose out of the way?

Question 3: If that is it, it looks like its held on with a bolt next to the gallery plug, if i take that out and install a new gallery plug for the oil pressure sender, will that bolt not be used anymore? Do i just screw in the gallery plug where the stock sensor comes out of?

Last question: Will my CEL come on with the stock sensor removed?

Sorry for all the noob questions, i have searched and found some general answers but no specifics. Thanks ahead of time!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm.. I've never looked into putting it in place of the stock sensor. I'm fairly certain your CEL would come on for low oil pressure. I have mine installed in the oil galley plug on the top of the block towards the middle. I would prefer to keep the stock sensor in place, backup in case something goes wrong.