Customer mounted gauge

This is a discussion on Customer mounted gauge within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Whats up everyone, im looking to custom mount a 52mm boost gauge on my clock pod while still keeping the ...

Customer mounted gauge

Whats up everyone, im looking to custom mount a 52mm boost gauge on my clock pod while still keeping the clock. i have an idea how to go about it, but a little reluctant to go ahead and do it. im wondering if anyone has done it before and how its come out??

in my head, i have the following steps:

remove clock pod
    cut to the right of the clock (with a dremmel) to fit the gauge pod angled towards me.
    fit the gauge pod from underneath and apply bondo to hold
    hand/machine sand for a smooth finish of bondo to clock pod
    prime & paint with a hammered black to resemble existing dash appearance (although from the hammered paints ive found, they are glossier than the dull stock dash finish)

any thoughts or steps that im missing, or ideas to do something better would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    Chris!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Try using a satin clear over the hammered paint. That should dull it down enough. Also make sure to use adhesion promoter so the paint will stick to the plastic.