Scratched Dash Panel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Scratched Dash Panel within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; During the install of my Kartboy short shifter I accidentally pulled to hard and the shifter jammed into the temperature ...

Scratched Dash Panel

During the install of my Kartboy short shifter I accidentally pulled to hard and the shifter jammed into the temperature knob and dash. The knob has a heavy scratch and the grey dash has some scratches not as deep though.

This is on a 2013 WRX

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Scratched Dash Panel

Quote Originally Posted by lftjeep View Post
    During the install of my Kartboy short shifter I accidentally pulled to hard and the shifter jammed into the temperature knob and dash. The knob has a heavy scratch and the grey dash has some scratches not as deep though.

This is on a 2013 WRX

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
    Pics would help determine the method or if it was possible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by skidgel View Post
    Pics would help determine the method or if it was possible!

I will post pictures tomorrow, thanks for the response.

Scratched Dash Panel

Attachment 110210

As you can see I scratched the temperature knob and also the grey dash panel a little bit.

I looked online and you can't just order a new knob you have to get the entire heater control unit which is around $400-500.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355106891.891201.jpg  

I know it a new car and all ( I have 13 as well), but I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

Re: Scratched Dash Panel

You may be able to use some model paint and touch up. But as said above I wouldn't lose any sleep over it

2013 WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.