SPT boost gauge installed

This is a discussion on SPT boost gauge installed within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Attachment 110109 Turned out nice...

SPT boost gauge installed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121206_171410.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	110108
    Attachment 110109

Turned out nice
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Is there any value in getting the SPT boost gauge vs an aftermarket? Been tossing around the idea of this.

I've been considering adding one as well. As far as i know, the only benefit of using the spt over aftermarket is that it is plug and play rather than splicing power wires etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    The SPT is mechanical, correct? For the price of the SPT, you could get a top-of-the-line Defi gauge. I can't attest to the quality of the SPT one way or the other, but I seriously doubt it's better than Defi.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I think the spt gauge is actually quite junky from all of the reviews I have read, but some people prefer it because it is oem.

I like the SPT gauge vs the others for a couple reasons:

It matches flawlessly without question to the interior lighting and style of the OEM gauges.
    It was installed for me at no charge from the dealership since I purchased from them.
    I prefer seeing a needle move over a digital gauge just to keep everything similar to the gauge cluster.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    I like the SPT gauge vs the others for a couple reasons:

It matches flawlessly without question to the interior lighting and style of the OEM gauges.
    It was installed for me at no charge from the dealership since I purchased from them.
    I prefer seeing a needle move over a digital gauge just to keep everything similar to the gauge cluster.
    If I do add a boost gauge, I will most likely go with the spt as well beacuse I would like to stay oem as much as possible.
    Did you order the gauge with car or afterwards? I have heard the if you buy it afterwards, the dealers charge an arm and a leg to install it (on top of the gauge price).

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    If I do add a boost gauge, I will most likely go with the spt as well beacuse I would like to stay oem as much as possible.
    Did you order the gauge with car or afterwards? I have heard the if you buy it afterwards, the dealers charge an arm and a leg to install it (on top of the gauge price).
    I bought it with the car and added it to the financing. I didn't know at the time that they wouldn't install it for free had I purchased it from them afterwards.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    I bought it with the car and added it to the financing. I didn't know at the time that they wouldn't install it for free had I purchased it from them afterwards.
    Ya, thats what I have heard....I REALLY regret not buying it with the car! Would have cost like a 2 dollars a month or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1587 View Post
    Ya, thats what I have heard....I REALLY regret not buying it with the car! Would have cost like a 2 dollars a month or something.....
    Yeah thats the logic I used when ordering it. I wouldn't even know that I paid for it basically lol. Same logic I used when I ordered the SPT exhaust. Which I am also very happy with, by the way.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Same here i should had installed it when i purchased the car. now they want 450 for the gauge